PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea MS500

kells80aus
12-12-2015, 03:48 PM
I don't know if this will get much support, but there is one guitar that is glaringly missing from all the different build available here.
What is missing is the iconic master sound. Now I don't even suggest that I know the nitty gritties of this guitar, but it is an iconic Australian guitar, first made in 1958, and used by many Australian Iconic musicians, and also use by George Harrison.

What I am suggesting is an MS500 style or better. Forget about the headstock, but the body shape and the layout is what is important.

For me I would go without most of the timings and build a basic basic wine red body with a couple of humbuckers or even P90's.
I could even do without the bar bell multi switch.

Now guys, I mean everyone in this community, think about it. This is an iconic Aussie guitar. Who else offers this as a kit. No one.

In the back of everyone's mind , is where is the Iconic Aussie guitar. well here it is.

Think about this. and please all you aussies on this site please add your bit here.
Even people overseas, if you know of this guitar, put your comment here as well

kimball492
12-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Hey Kells didn't know what an Ms500 was or what it looked like. I take it your talking about the Maton Ms500. I think they are currently doing a 50th Anniversary Version. I've in lncluded a couple of pics of older versions and pic of the 50th Anniversary version. Your right not a fan of the headstock shape. Other than that looks a nice guitar. Prefer the model that has holes in upper body. That's one heck of a selector switch and a major part of the look.

andrewdosborne
12-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Yes, that would go well with some soapbar P90's

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

kells80aus
12-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi Andy and Kimbo,

yep that's her I think the hollow body is the MS1200 but the shape is the same. that white one with no binding would do well as a PBG basic kit. simple easy to build, bolt on neck two controls two pickups and a switch. pretty simple. :)
If anyone has one maybe send Adam a tracing. ;)

Cheers PK

kells80aus
12-12-2015, 05:08 PM
a coupe more pics(stole em off Fb)

keloooe
12-12-2015, 06:55 PM
I've played one myself, pretty damn cool guitars if I say so myself! Only issue I'd see with it is the rotary switch and the knob. It's a 3 way switch but I dont know if you can get one with the right amount of poles to be able to combine the two pups for the middle setting... If it can be done then that should be a cool addition or custom order though!

Muzza
22-01-2016, 09:32 PM
a coupe more pics(stole em off Fb)

That's a BB1200 in front - which is the guitar I was going to suggest. (Should I start another thread?)

It has switchable Humbuckers, a 3 way toggle, separate volume (push/pull) for each pickup and a single tone pot. I just bought a PRS kit and I'm going to try to emulate this setup. I own one of these BB1200's and it's so bloody expensive (but soooo nice!) that I don't want to gig with it. Hence the PRS kit...

Blueshound
29-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Yes, that would go well with some soapbar P90's

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Big hell yes to this.

That's a BB1200 in front - which is the guitar I was going to suggest. (Should I start another thread?)

It has switchable Humbuckers, a 3 way toggle, separate volume (push/pull) for each pickup and a single tone pot. I just bought a PRS kit and I'm going to try to emulate this setup. I own one of these BB1200's and it's so bloody expensive (but soooo nice!) that I don't want to gig with it. Hence the PRS kit...

And this too. In fact, anything from the Maton electric lineup.

dingobass
29-01-2016, 05:05 PM

Would you be happy to take a tracing of the out line and take measurements??
If I have a basic plan to work from, I can hassle the bejeezuz out of Adam.
We would also need a lot of love from the forum members.

This is an opportunity to good to miss. :)

Muzza
29-01-2016, 05:20 PM
If the forum members had the opportunity to play one of these, trust me, the love would be there in bucketloads.

It has been described as 'the most versatile guitar in the world'. Right up there with the PRS with the same claim to fame.

It's much more guitar than I need, which is why I'm trying to make a cheap, tacky clone of it.

BUT...

(...watch this space...:cool: )

Muzza
19-02-2016, 10:29 AM
So DB, how's the de-bejeezuzing of Adam going???

tonyw
19-02-2016, 10:59 AM
My 1956 Maton would be easier to clone ;)

adam
22-02-2016, 05:11 PM
We did ask about this one and they couldn't do it. Sorry.

Edit: any Maton, basically. They just don't have the templates for them.

Muzza
22-02-2016, 09:28 PM
DB does now. Well, if not now, then soon...