PDA

View Full Version : New Kit Ideas - Some Explanation

adam
11-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Thank you to everyone who has submitted new kit ideas. I just want you to know that these suggestions are not being ignored, this is one thread that I ALWAYS keep an eye on.

FYI, when you do suggest a kit, this is what happens:

You put up an idea, I check with our contact in China and they talk to the Factory manager. If they have made that style, then no problem. We've seen this with the Starcaster, Mosrite Ventures MKII, 4001 Bass, RD-1 and RD-4, to mention just a few that came to us through this thread (or emails to me).

Unfortunately, with the minimum order requirements for new models, which the factory has not made before, and our limited space and budget, we can't do every kit that is suggested. So I guess it's up to me (the man who has his house on the line, literally) to make a judgement call. So, please don't be offended if we don't take up your new kit idea.

Right now I've got the Factory looking into 4 or 5 new kits that have been suggested. I should have a response soon. If they can do them, then we should see some new kits that you suggested arriving in March 2016.

It would also help if, when nominating a new kit, you include a good quality image and some of the important specs that make the guitar or bass desirable.

And... keep 'em coming!

dave.king1
12-12-2015, 04:40 AM
No probs Adam, all of us that have been around the sun a few time have fond memories of long lost loves.

I'd love to be able to play my old Fender VI through the mighty Lenard GB150 again but only one half of the equation is even vaguely reasonable.

Hence the left field requests and new kit ideas

gavinturner
12-12-2015, 05:44 AM
Keep up the fantastic work Ads. We all really appreciate your efforts.

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
12-12-2015, 02:22 PM
sounds fair Ads, I know you stock almost 100 types of kits now so you can't expand too much more.
I'm with DK a Fender VI baritone axe would be very cool I'd be interested in one of them.
Keep up the good work Pitbull you always put the customer first
PS love the new avatar is from Tuesday night !

andrewdosborne
12-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Keep up the fantastic work Ads. We all really appreciate your efforts.

cheers,
Gav.
+1 couldn't put it better myself.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

adam
13-12-2015, 04:11 PM
s
PS love the new avatar is from Tuesday night !

Yes, I forgot the Photo by Wokka acknowledgement. The team photo turned out great by the way,

Crusader
14-12-2015, 08:21 AM
it is awesome that you are willing to think about customer suggestions.
and the team here are fantastic.

Thanks heaps for this forum its great.

BenWA
14-12-2015, 06:15 PM
id be all over a fender VI kit cos theres no way i could justify buying a proper one, but a ~$200 kit...now thats feasible

Nickosaurus
14-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Multiscale neck would be rad if it's feasible (probably not)

Tweaky
16-12-2015, 05:31 PM
I love that the suggestions are taken seriously.

Maybe a simple option made available on the Telecaster builds...... A Baritone neck.

Similarly, a 12 string neck for the Strat builds [ Just Neck and Body supplied ] ....with the understanding that no hardware would be supplied [You'd need to order specific 12 string hardware elsewhere - which most do anyway ]

tonyw
17-12-2015, 02:06 AM
Telecaster XII, no hardware, a pool route and i am in :cool:

Fretworn
18-12-2015, 09:04 AM
Tweaky, 12 string STs and TLs are available as a custom option. I am currently (and very slowly) building a 12 string ST kit that Adam got for me. I think from memory it was $50 over standard price, but I ordered it over a year ago and the pricing structure has changed a bit this year.

My very out-of-date build thread is below.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=3842

Jbird
18-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Adam you are the man!!! Bass vi does sounds awesome but I really want a dinky style!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Arzi
18-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Props to Adam for listening to our wishes. At this time of year you could change your avatar to santa as these equal to some sort of presents to a lot of people...

Peaceful christmas time for everyone!!

Arzi

sgriffiths
16-02-2016, 12:42 PM
More modifications / variations on pre-existing kits, but is there any possibility for selecting different woods to the normal? I may have just missed this topic at another point though. A lot of the kits seem to have basswood bodies but there are a few I've seen with others. Would love the opportunity to do closer replicas of certain guitars.

wokkaboy
16-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi SGriffiths, welcome to the forum.

What kit and what timber type did you have in mind ?

Quite a few of the common kits as well as basswood the TL comes in alder and ash. The ST comes in ash. The LP comes in mahogany with flame maple or spalted maple veneers. There is close to 100 kits to choose from

sgriffiths
16-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Wow, great response time! Thinking of maybe an SG or PRS style with mahogany bodies?
Thanks for the welcome, I've already learned a heap off your posts on here.

wokkaboy
16-02-2016, 01:38 PM
SGriffiths send Adam an email you should be able to order both those kits in mahogany for extra money

dingobass
16-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Wow, great response time! Thinking of maybe an SG or PRS style with mahogany bodies?
Thanks for the welcome, I've already learned a heap off your posts on here.

Welcome to the GAS ranch, sg :)

I taught Woks everything he knows....... :p :o

wokkaboy
16-02-2016, 03:35 PM
HAHA yes DB is my luthier supercoach

dingobass
16-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Ahahaha..
Not really, I reckon Woks has learned more from the guys on the forum..

wokkaboy
16-02-2016, 05:23 PM
DB it's a combination of learning from you, the forum and building 50+ kits

Rabbitz
17-02-2016, 04:39 PM
DB it's a combination of learning from you, the forum and building 50+ kits

So have you bought up a big slice of that "oh so cheap" Perth real estate just to house these 50+ demons of rock?

keloooe
17-02-2016, 06:03 PM
So have you bought up a big slice of that "oh so cheap" Perth real estate just to house these 50+ demons of rock?

More like ALL of the slices!