PDA

View Full Version : Bass SG style EB3 or EB3L

Paul C
21-11-2015, 05:14 AM
Not sure if anyone has put this up as an idea of a "new kit idea" before, be a nice project to make a good replica.

Gavin1393
21-11-2015, 06:11 AM
Paul, put up a pic so that those on the forum who aren't familiar with the Bass you are referring to can get an idea of your suggestion. We usually need around 5 'orders' to make it viable to go to the factory and ask them to 'design' produce templates and finally manufacture and deliver.

Paul C
21-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Hi G type guitar bass version of the SG

Arzi
21-11-2015, 11:35 AM
I've also tried to find this one. It is not made anywhere at the moment - was around a few years back. If not made too neck heavy - I'd be very interested on this. Could be equipped affordably with Artec's sidewinder/mudbucker and bridge pup or with used set by epiphone - or DiMarzio dp120 and a proper proper pair.

It's a classic shape and I'd be interested in the EB0 short scale model too. There is no short scale bass in selection by the way...

dingobass
21-11-2015, 01:02 PM
There is no short scale bass in selection by the way...

Ummmm, yes there is... The HB4 :)

Arzi
21-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Oh

Sorry - my mistake totally... Just haven't been too keen to build that one myself so slipped my mind.

There is a Sg type guitar kit so is the body shape the same on SG bass too? I mean with Gibson and Epiphone models or is there a difference like in the thickness? And would it be easier to make the kit with a set neck or bolt on?

Paul C
21-11-2015, 06:36 PM
i'd prefer a set neck, if the body has to be made thicker i can't see a problem with that, it may even resolve the SG trait of being neck heavy.