PDA

View Full Version : DB and Woks jam after a long day at the cricket

wokkaboy
14-11-2015, 01:47 PM
G'day forumites.
Myself and DB had an awesome day yesterday at the cricket, saw Aussies score over 400 runs for only 1 wicket.
Because it was 36 degrees we needed refreshments all day, hence there are heaps of mistakes.
Bit of a laugh anyway this is the first jam I've had with DB. I taught him most of AC/DC whole lotta rosie so we'll have a crack at that next time

video link :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaQu8BQ3lYg&feature=youtu.be

dingobass
14-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Oh dear......
And just how trashed were we? :p

wokkaboy
14-11-2015, 01:55 PM
I worked out about 14 hours on the refreshments DB before we recorded that so not a bad effort really and bit of heatstroke

Crusader
14-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Where was Clarry?

Looked like some fun anyway. 😀

kimball492
14-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Lol looks like Woks And DB had a blast. I'm pretty impressed with the playing after a day at cricket drinking. Rock on guys

Gavin1393
14-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Not sure if you were both playing the same song or each doing your own thing.......but cool video anyway and "Go the Aussies".

Gavin1393
14-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Where was Clarry?

Looked like some fun anyway. 
Clarry is unfortunately banned from the WACA after hurling incessant abuse at the umpires when the Redbacks were last in town to play Scorchers...

andrewdosborne
14-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Nice one guys perfect way to end a day at the cricket!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

dingobass
14-11-2015, 03:27 PM
I had absolutely no idea as to what we were doing...
But it did seem like a good idea at the time :p

DrNomis_44
14-11-2015, 03:29 PM
One of these days we'll have to organize some kind of get-together for all the members of this forum, where we can jam, show-off our guitars, meet and greet, etc, would be cool.

Maybe even have a big barbie as well.

dingobass
14-11-2015, 03:47 PM
One of these days we'll have to organize some kind of get-together for all the members of this forum, where we can jam, show-off our guitars, meet and greet, etc, would be cool.

Maybe even have a big barbie as well.

Cool idea, Doc.

Question is, is there enough beer in Perth? :p

DrNomis_44
14-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Cool idea, Doc.

That's a very valid point you made there, what's a get-together without enough beer to go around?, maybe we could do some kind of funding project for it, as it just so happens I don't mind a social drink of beer myself, another thing we could do at the get-together is maybe record a jam or something, we'd need to get someone to engineer the recording though...just some ideas.

keloooe
14-11-2015, 06:47 PM
I had absolutely no idea as to what we were doing...
But it did seem like a good idea at the time :p

That's what everyone says :P

WeirdBits
14-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Looks like DB could have been holding a shovel and wouldn't have known the difference ;)

dingobass
14-11-2015, 07:22 PM
To be fair, we were this trashed by end of the first session of play.....

wokkaboy
15-11-2015, 08:59 AM
haha great photo DB. Next video we record we promise to be more sober haha

wazkelly
15-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Cool idea, Doc.

Better book it in at Little Creatures Freeo or maybe at a craft brewery in Swan Valley that I visited last xmas. Great beers and atmosphere but cannot remember the name of the place? All I can remember is that is was near the women's prison.

wokkaboy
15-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Hey Waz, in Swan Valley would have been Feral Brewery, Mash or maybe Duckstien

wazkelly
15-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi Woks, Just had a look on google and figured out that it was Homestead and here are the links. Good food too.
http://www.swanvalley.com.au/Lists/Business/Homestead_Brewery
http://mandoonestate.com.au/homestead/brewery-dining

DrNomis_44
15-11-2015, 12:39 PM
If/when the get-together ever happens here's the list of gear I'd bring with me:

My Gibson USA Les Paul Studio guitar.

My PRS SE Custom 24 guitar.

My Chibson SG.

My Dell Laptop and Scarlett Studio gear.

My Behringer K300FX 300 Watt PA/Keyboard Amp.

My Avid Eleven Rack which I'll buy next year.

My Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Pics and guitar straps.

All needed leads and power boards.

dingobass
15-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Hahahaha! :)

That list is gold, Doc....

Reminds me of how much gear our Woks took to the cricket on Friday :p

keloooe
15-11-2015, 01:15 PM
I'll bring along any guitars / recording gear I have pretty much haha!

wazkelly
15-11-2015, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=DrNomis_44;88959]If/when the get-together ever happens here's the list of gear I'd bring with me:

Nothing as I reckon Woks has just about one of everything that we could try out/borrow.

andrewdosborne
16-11-2015, 05:49 AM
If/when the get-together ever happens here's the list of gear I'd bring with me:

My Gibson USA Les Paul Studio guitar.

My PRS SE Custom 24 guitar.

My Chibson SG.

My Dell Laptop and Scarlett Studio gear.

My Behringer K300FX 300 Watt PA/Keyboard Amp.

My Avid Eleven Rack which I'll buy next year.

My Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Pics and guitar straps.

All needed leads and power boards.
Prepared for anything Doc! My list would be a lot smaller, 1x LP Jnr (no lead, I'll borrow one), hip flask & a spare pair of under garments. Like to travel light, I can only carry so much on the Kwaka!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 07:44 AM
haha nice list of gear Doc you would need several roadies to help you with that

@ DB that video of me packing up end of the day was funny hearing Popeye say "what is he doing" haha

@ Ponch you do travel light but all the necessities are covered !

dingobass
16-11-2015, 09:14 AM
@ DB that video of me packing up end of the day was funny hearing Popeye say "what is he doing" haha!

Not to mention his comment "Who takes that much $hit with them to the Cricket"?

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 09:17 AM
haha yeah that video is a classic, make sure you keep a copy of the vids and I'll grab a copy next catch up

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 10:15 AM
haha nice list of gear Doc you would need several roadies to help you with that

@ DB that video of me packing up end of the day was funny hearing Popeye say "what is he doing" haha

@ Ponch you do travel light but all the necessities are covered !

Lol, I forgot to include the black limousine with a 40 Foot long passenger space to transport all my groupies and rabid fans......j/k.....I'm not really that much of an egotist......lol.

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 10:16 AM
ahha sounds good Doc, who is going to be driving the limo - Gavmiester or Ads ?

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 10:23 AM

I was going to suggest getting my trained pet monkey to do the driving but he had to take a sicky, haven't heard back from him yet and I'm strongly suspecting that he's having a good old laze under an umbrella sipping pinacoladas on a beach in the Bahamas, that's the last time I let him borrow my Gold VIP frequent flyer card.....lol.

Either Gavmiester or Ads are more than welcome to the keys to the Limo if they want.

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 10:30 AM
sounds good Doc. Gavmiester will only drive if the limo is pink !

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 10:38 AM
sounds good Doc. Gavmiester will only drive if the limo is pink !

Lol!

I just remembered that the Limo has a special paint finish on it, the colour of it is computer controlled so it can be changed to whichever colour you want, like a Chameleon can change it's colour.

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 10:56 AM
nice feature Doc. Looks like if it can turn pink then Gavmiester will drive it !

Gavin1393
16-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Does Ad's have a car licence? Never pictured him driving anything other than his Triumph!

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 02:45 PM
To be honest it really doesn't matter who drives, I might even consider turning on the Limo's computerized auto-drive system, and you know what that means, we can break out the Champaign, the Caviar, etc,etc, and party.

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 02:49 PM
sounds good Doc, you sure its not a Delorian Limo that can time travel as well ?
Have you tried driving at 88mph (142km/h sure there are roads in NT with no speed limits) ?

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 03:16 PM
sounds good Doc, you sure its not a Delorian Limo that can time travel as well ?
Have you tried driving at 88mph ?

It's better than a Delorean, the Delorean can only Time Travel from the present to either the future or the past, whereas the Limo can Time Travel anywhere in all known and unknown dimensions and universes, even the so-called E-Space, the Limo never runs out of fuel, it can also drive at all known and unknown speeds, even at 88 times the speed of light, that means you will reach your destination before you have left your departure point, the Chameleonic paint finish I mentioned earlier is part of it's defence system, it also features a computerized crash avoidance system that renders it virtually impossible to crash, not only that, there's a food and drink generator system powered by Nanotechnology that makes whatever food and drink you want at the very molecular level so what you are eating and drinking is real food and drink, best of all, it never runs out.

It took me some time to save up one Quilliad just to buy the Limo, a Quilliad is the basic currency on the planet Magrathea, where the Limo was manufactured, and is equivalent to roughly ten Earth Dollars, it was hard work saving up the money on Magrathea, but I got there in the end, the work involved manufacturing designer planets and liaising with clients that looked curiously like mice.

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 03:20 PM
sounds like one hell of a limo Doc, we need to get one of these at the naughty warehouse as I will be spending rest of my life there according to DB haha

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 03:34 PM
sounds like one hell of a limo Doc, we need to get one of these at the naughty warehouse as I will be spending rest of my life there according to DB haha

I reckon so, actually, I do remember the people of Magrathea awarding me an honorary VIP status in the form of a 24 Carat Gold certificate for the good work I did for them in saving their home planet from being invaded by their warlike enemies the Treens, they explained to me that VIP status means I can have any request granted free of charge, so, I'll see if I can get them to construct a special edition Limo for the Naughty Room, the special edition Limo has extra updated features.

You won't have to worry about not having enough beer and pizza to go round in the Naughty room now, the food and drink generator will give us an endless supply of both.

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 03:36 PM
endless beer and pizza I have to say sold dot com !

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 03:46 PM
My only concern is that it'll turn the naughty room into paradise, but maybe I'm being a little neurotic, I just filled out the 20 page Magrathea request form and sent it off to them, all we have to do now is wait for the PBG Special edition Limo to arrive.

keloooe
16-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Have you tried driving at 88mph (142km/h sure there are roads in NT with no speed limits) ?

There actually is a road up in the NT, dead flat, dead straight, absolutely massive and best of all it has no speed limit!

wokkaboy
16-11-2015, 03:58 PM
haha sounds good Doc.
Well to be honest the naughty warehouse is pretty good, unlimited beer and pizza and good working conditions. Also we have all the latest tools and machinery makes building axes a pleasure

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 04:10 PM
haha sounds good Doc.
Well to be honest the naughty warehouse is pretty good, unlimited beer and pizza and good working conditions. Also we have all the latest tools and machinery makes building axes a pleasure

I almost forgot to mention that the Magratheans have a vast supply of AAAAA grade exquisitely bookmatched Flamed Maple and equally exquisite Mahogany wood in their warehouse that they would love to get rid of, so I included that in the 20 page request form too, they'll also throw in some choice pieces of Ebony, Rosewood, flawless Swamp Ash, Some really nice pieces of Rock Maple, and some other pieces of wood that they highly prise as tonewoods for Magrathean electric guitars and other stringed instruments, they said that the tone of an instrument made from these tonewoods takes on a 3D quality that's ultra musical.

DrNomis_44
16-11-2015, 04:13 PM
There actually is a road up in the NT, dead flat, dead straight, absolutely massive and best of all it has no speed limit!

Yep, the NT Government decided to repeal speed limits for some of the NT roads recently.