PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstruck....AccaDacca Brisbane 12 November 2015 Review

wazkelly
13-11-2015, 12:27 PM
To some it up in one word.......LLLLLLOOOOUUUUUDDDD!!!!!!
Seriously, the loudest I have ever experienced and on a scale of 1-10 these guys were around 12-13. Only close competitor would be Jimmy Barnes back in his early solo days who was the loudest until last night. My ears are still ringing and the gig finished 10.05pm last night, some 17 odd hours ago!
Open air gigs are hard to get the sound right for everyone and thankfully where I sat it was good and the delay towers worked well even though the sound arrived slightly behind the vision on the big screens. Link to local newspaper review copied here too. http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/review-acdc-at-qsac-brisbane-november-12-2015/story-fnn7l51k-1227607022196
Buying tickets back in March was not easy as they were going fast and having missed out on their previous tours was not going to miss this one. Seated was what we were after and ended up at the opposite end of the stadium to where the stage was, and for you folk in the west that would be like sitting behind the four upright sticks with the stage behind the ones at opposite end. Yep, to the naked eye they looked about 4mm to 5mm high from where I sat, thank god for the brilliant large screen videos which along with the stage setup and light show made for an enjoyable experience.
How did they sound? Other than loud they seemed a bit tentative at first with darkness and long gaps between songs. I won't spoil anything by revealing the set list however that is probably splashed around anywhere on internet for those folks who must know. It took about 3 or 4 songs in before the crowd fully engaged and from there it just took off. It was an all ages event with people possibly in their 70's through to families with 6-10 year old kids however as a responsible adult I should mention there were shots of females in the crowd revealing their upper bits from time to time, nothing unusual as you see more than that on free to air TV these days, Underbelly for example.
Only spoiler on the night was getting to the venue as there is no parking anywhere near the stadium and chose to catch bus from CBD. What a mistake. It took more than an hour from 6.00pm to work our way through the queue onto a bus only to get stuck in peak hour suburban Thursday night shopping traffic. Reminds me why I love living on the Sunshine Coast as southside traffic is only getting worse by the day. Surprised that Cops were not redirecting traffic like they do for footy matches as that would have helped.
Anyway, finally got there with minutes to spare and find seat before they commenced. Sadly I cannot comment on either support act and was keen to at see Kingswood perform, maybe another time perhaps.
If we thought getting there was a challenge, lining up for buses to get out was ridiculous and took easy 1.5 hours before we got on and arrived backed in CBD around 12.05am this morning, eventually arriving home about 1.30am. Thank god I was sensible enough to take today off work to recover.
Back to the gig.....good to see Malcolm's Guitar still being played and Stevie was almost as good with only a slight difference that would mostly go undetected to an untrained ear. Angus played a Black SG with a black Scratch plate (no lightning bolt fret markers) and for the encore came out with another black SG with a white scratch plate and this was also devoid of the bolt fret markers....must save those just for sales to fans.
As for sales to fans, geezuz the merchandise shop must have sold well over $1m worth. There was gear everywhere and I reckon nearly half the crowd was wearing the flashing horns which looked great and added to the overall atmosphere.
I took many photos but using iPhone 4 and sitting way back most were rubbish and have attached best of the bunch and hope you enjoy.

For those about to rock in other parts of the country, you won't be disappointed. This was a truly enjoyable epic experience and I can now proudly say I am no longer a Virgin Live AC/DC concert goer. It has only taken 40 odd years but well worth the wait.

wazkelly
13-11-2015, 12:29 PM

wazkelly
13-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Last photo shows end of the night with 45,000 or more fans pouring out of the place

wazkelly
13-11-2015, 01:18 PM
More photos

stan
13-11-2015, 03:35 PM
great review wazk, going to my first ACDC gig in December here in Melbourne... and taking my 12 yo son to his first concert.

looks like decent public transport will be the rule of the day, oh and an ACDC Tshirt....

lawry
13-11-2015, 04:06 PM
12-13 eh? That's set a new benchmark for Nigel Tufnel.

wazkelly
13-11-2015, 06:09 PM
oh and an ACDC Tshirt....
Had a good score at Best & Less of all places....bought a genuine AC/DC licenced Rock or Bust T-Shirt discounted down from $20 to $10 where same one was going for $50 at the concert.

wazkelly
13-11-2015, 06:15 PM
12-13 eh? That's set a new benchmark for Nigel Tufnel.
Spinal Tap would just put a higher number on it ha ha.

The sound was so loud that you could hardly hear the new years eve style fireworks go off at the end of the night.

Arzi
13-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi

Here's some thunderstruck for you.... :)

Finnish style
https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

keloooe
13-11-2015, 06:53 PM
I never get sick of that video Arzi it's awesome haha!

wazkelly
13-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Almost makes the banjo and accordion sound cool if that is possible.

DrNomis_44
14-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Hi

Here's some thunderstruck for you.... :)

Finnish style
https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

Just checked out the video, really well done in a kind of Bluegrass/Zydeco style, I liked it a lot...very cool.

wokkaboy
14-11-2015, 11:48 AM
cheers for the review Waz, sounds like a loud killer show we got in Perth in 13 sleeps !

wazkelly
14-11-2015, 03:21 PM
cheers for the review Waz, sounds like a loud killer show we got in Perth in 13 sleeps !

Where is it being held in Perth, indoors or outdoors?