PDA

View Full Version : Is Microsofts First Laptop A Apple Mac Pro Killer

kimball492
20-10-2015, 01:15 PM
https://www.facebook.com/THE.D1C/posts/10153257719808366

keloooe
20-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Can't believe it has taken them so long to get a laptop out.... *sigh*.....

By the way, it's been a while KB!

kimball492
20-10-2015, 01:21 PM
You gotta check them out Keloooe, yeah I've been so busy.How are you Kels.
Currently I don't think you can beat Windows 10 as an operating system it's fast clean
And makes El Capitan look very dated and slow. Again I have both but find Win 10
More intuitive. I've loaded El Capitan on my Mac and 60% of my music plugins don't
Work. So word of warning if you have a Mac don't upgrade its as its dire, until they
sort all the niggly issues out.

BenWA
20-10-2015, 04:54 PM
still not sold on win 10 over win 7, im getting used to it trying it on my laptop, though its currently locked up trying to restart hah

wokkaboy
20-10-2015, 04:55 PM
give it time Ben you will come around to win 10 !

dave.king1
20-10-2015, 05:27 PM
I rather like Win10 after upgrading from 8.1 which I found to be a quantum leap over 7.x which is the corporate standard in my last workplace.

Admittedly I'm running 64 bit Pro in a grunty desktop at home compared to a 32 bit limp lappy at the old place

keloooe
20-10-2015, 05:41 PM
You gotta check them out Keloooe, yeah I've been so busy.How are you Kels.
Currently I don't think you can beat Windows 10 as an operating system it's fast clean
And makes El Capitan look very dated and slow. Again I have both but find Win 10
More intuitive. I've loaded El Capitan on my Mac and 60% of my music plugins don't
Work. So word of warning if you have a Mac don't upgrade its as its dire, until they
sort all the niggly issues out.

There have been games of mine that werent working well on 7 and work so much better on 10, love it to bits!
Yeah KB all is good up here in Pestyland :D

Also Ben that is a big issue with 10, if you try reinstalling it and updating it I think it might be somewhat fixed now.

dingobass
20-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Think I will stay with good ole Linux.... :)

keloooe
20-10-2015, 06:25 PM
I do use Linux myself as well for stuff in Unity so I can take advantage of all my ram, definitely a nice OS!

DrNomis_44
20-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Think I will stay with good ole Linux.... :)

I've tried lots of different Linux distros but have had nothing but headaches with them, some installed but didn't run well, some refused to boot, some caused my computer to lock-up, and one (Ubuntu) needed a driver for my usb 4G broadband wireless internet dongle (my only internet connection at the time) before I could download any needed drivers (I call that the chicken-and-egg-syndrome), half the problem is that coding in Linux is not my forte.

I've found that Windows in general seems to work well for me with relatively few issues, it's been quite some time since I first did the Windows 10 upgrade on my laptop and I have to say that I'm really liking it a lot, I've had far less Blue Screens Of Death from it than previous Microsoft OSes, do any of you remember Windows 3.11?, that's how far back I go, Windows 98SE wasn't too bad despite it's occasional habit of suffering from missing .dll files.

Those new Microsoft Laptops look interesting, might get myself one if/when I can afford one.

Brendan
20-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Looking at trying one of the new Lumia 950's with the Contiuum dock - see if I can break the PC mould.

dingobass
20-10-2015, 10:44 PM
But does it have an inbuilt interplanetary space modulating flux capacitor?

DrNomis_44
20-10-2015, 11:08 PM

That's old and superseded technology that got replaced by a device called a Time-Vector Generator, with a device like that, you don't need a power source that can supply 1.21 Gigawatts, you do need to make sure the Fluid-Links are filled with Mercury though, add a Randomizer and a De-Materialization circuit, a Dimensional-Stabilizer, and you've got the bare-bones of a working Time Machine that can travel to any point in Space and Time.

keloooe
21-10-2015, 04:43 AM
That's old and superseded technology that got replaced by a device called a Time-Vector Generator, with a device like that, you don't need a power source that can supply 1.21 Gigawatts, you do need to make sure the Fluid-Links are filled with Mercury though, add a Randomizer and a De-Materialization circuit, a Dimensional-Stabilizer, and you've got the bare-bones of a working Time Machine that can travel to any point in Space and Time.

Yep, that's how I remember doing it! I'm seriously with you in 10 Nomis, such a step up from 7 and 8.1!

Fretworn
21-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Or an Aludium Q36 explosive space modulator?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d5/Marvin_the_Martian.svg/594px-Marvin_the_Martian.svg.png

BenWA
21-10-2015, 11:09 AM
i like 7 a lot, im weaning myself onto 10 with the laptop before i commit on my desktop. ive used several linux distros as well, but for games windows is easiest (although wine support is great these days)

DrNomis_44
21-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I successfully did the Windows 10 upgrade on my Desktop PC which was running Windows 7, strangely the upgrade went a lot smoother than it did on my laptop, didn't have to do a clean install.