PDA

View Full Version : import vintage fender pro reverb from usa

SurferJesus
15-10-2015, 01:05 PM
hey guys!

anyone have any experience with importing guitar amps from usa?

I just won a sweet '68 drip edge pro reverb on ebay. but the guy says he won't ship it. which i knew when i bought it, but now i need to find a solution. I got it for a good price, so i have a little wiggle room for importing. it's in Phoenix, Arizona at the moment.

I've tried emailing the main guys like ups, dhl, fed ex etc but they just send back bullshit copy and paste replies like please check our website.

Anyone know of any reputable companies that I could contact? Unless I can convince the guy to drop it somewhere, it probably has to be someone who can pick up and pack it before sending it too. and of course its an old amp so i need it packaged properly, tubes removed, etc...

even any leads to get started would be much appreciated... a friend even suggested removal companies, which i might try investigating...

cheers crew

Gavin1393
15-10-2015, 02:29 PM
I hope it doesn't cost you more than you paid for it to get it here.....

wokkaboy
15-10-2015, 02:34 PM
welcome SJ, sounds like a cool amp. Might be an excuse to take a holiday to Phoenix !

jarrod
15-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Will it run 240v as well as US 120v

sandman_thedog
15-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Just thinking outside the box a little bit, I googled Amp repair stores in Phoenix.
This guy came up: http://www.huntamps.com/projects/

Now, if you need it packaging correctly for shipping, perhaps a few bucks in it for him to pick it up and package it properly might be worth doing? Maybe if the deal was sweetened with a service\test beforehand?

Dunno mate, just trying to think of how it could work to get a local involved.

sandman_thedog
15-10-2015, 03:44 PM
plus, he uses "freaking sick" on his webpage (http://www.huntamps.com/ Freaking Sick 30 Volt Overdrive), so you know he's reputable.....

dingobass
15-10-2015, 03:46 PM
In my experience it is no good emailing those guys, you are always better off to call them or even better drop by one of their offices and ask to speak to a human being, not a trained banana muncher...

stan
15-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Will it run 240v as well as US 120v

I have a 1974 Fender Twin Reverb and it can run both...

stan
15-10-2015, 04:04 PM
freaking sick has always been a term of the highest credibility, actually a great suggestion

SurferJesus
15-10-2015, 04:32 PM
cheers for the responses guys.

that's actually not a bad idea about the local guitar shop... and his 'freaking sick' pedal looks kinda cool haha

if anyone can think of anything else please send it through...

I'm gonna try some removal companies and see if i can find some private couriers. and probably get on the phone somehow to the big companies too

wokkaboy, i just came back from usa, will be a while before i go back!

jarrod, i figure i'll have to sort a new transformer when it arrives

Gavin1393, it was only $700 US so... hopefully doesn't cost more than that to get it here!

Dingobass, haha banana muncher! so true

lunaticthighs
15-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Wife used a forwarding company called bongo in the past. Basically you get the item shipped to them in the us and they forward it to aus. Wasn't cheap but gets around the fact Yanks don't know the rest of the world exists lol

GeneralKaos
15-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Wife used a forwarding company called bongo in the past. Basically you get the item shipped to them in the us and they forward it to aus. Wasn't cheap but gets around the fact Yanks don't know the rest of the world exists lol

Oh, we know. Some of us even care! ;)

Fretworn
16-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Oh, we know. Some of us even care! ;)

Careful what you say GK or, when Trump is President you will be deported.

stan
16-10-2015, 04:29 PM
you are one of the gifted few Kaos