PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Avenue

keloooe
11-10-2015, 07:37 PM
So some of you know about my band, but others do not. So for you who don't yet know, may I introduce to you... Chelsea Avenue!

So this band I'm here to stay with, no auditions, no breakups, I'm locked in! So we are a 4 piece pop punk band from Melbourne, with some pretty big influences, I'm sure most of you will hear them. There isn't really too much to say about us yet, but we hope to soon have a bunch more gigs lined up so for all you Melbournites, keep an eye out!

Below is a video from our last gig which was yesterday, here is one of our songs called Matchmaker. Be sure to check us out on Facebook, link is in my signature and in the video description!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVtB5X5y28

dave.king1
11-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Good to see Pesty, haven't listened yet but will do tomorrow after much needed beauty sleep.

dingobass
11-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Rockin out!

keloooe
11-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Rockin out!

Haha cheers DB!

wokkaboy
12-10-2015, 10:20 AM
sounds good Pest,sure your band will grow with time

Rabbitz
12-10-2015, 11:12 AM
So this band I'm here to stay with, no auditions, no breakups, I'm locked in!

Ahhhhhhh, the naievity of youth.

:)

stan
12-10-2015, 11:55 AM
for off mic sound, the singing and playing is really good.
off mic stuff certainly shows up bad sounds well, so you guys are pretty good

enjoy your forever band Pest!

keloooe
12-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Ahhhhhhh, the naievity of youth.

:)

Haha cheers Rabz!

for off mic sound, the singing and playing is really good.
off mic stuff certainly shows up bad sounds well, so you guys are pretty good

enjoy your forever band Pest!

Haha cheers Stan, yeah we did have some feedback issues in the set (died off a little bit when we tuned down to Drop D later in the set), I was chatting to the sound guy afterwards and we reckon it was the amp that Tom (our lead guitarist on stage left) was using, the mic that was being used for his amp was probably in the path of the wedge and it picked up some noise bleed... Shame how it didn;t pick up my bass, it had a wicked tone to it!

dave.king1
12-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Noisy bunch of kids aren't you ;-)

Nice work Pesty and as others have said it will get tighter and I'd be very surprised if the guitarists don't find a broader tonal palate fairly quickly ( in that clip, same strumming pattern and same chord shapes and positions ) to give more colour.

Have a listen to some Wishbone Ash for some amazing twin guitar stuff, bass player is also very useful.

Feel free to ignore an old fart :D