PDA

View Full Version : Vintage correct 59lp

Chrisalchin
22-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Just saying there is a hole in the market for a vintage correct 59 lp with solid top in the sub $400 price range.

If you guys made one with a correct tennon joint, 1 piece neck, blank undrilled paddle headstock and undrilled solid maple top you would sell a bazillion of them... Hell I'd take a couple myself.

The closest thing at the moment is the precision kits, and to get them into Australia your looking at $1000 +

wokkaboy
22-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi Chris,
PBG currently stock probably over 100 kits so it's impossible to stock every possible model that takes every builder's fancy.
Send Adam an email to ask about a custom kit. I doubt the factory could build a one piece neck would need a very thick neck blank.

The other option if you have experience and enough tools is to build one from scratch

Chrisalchin
22-09-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm currently waiting on a lp-1m to arrive, I dare say I'll have to retop it and do a fair bit of modification to get it to the standard I'm after. There was a company in the states called bulldog bodies who used to do a great kit at about the $3-500 mark, but they have shut down due to owners time constraints. All I'm saying is there's a big gap in the market for ametures who are happy to spend a bit more money, but not the mega bucks precision demands. Even just a solid top would draw a few extra dollars and a lot of sales.

pablopepper
22-09-2015, 11:13 AM
I find the modding the most fun part. Personalize it to your own standards and end up with a unique guitar. Win/win.

wokkaboy
22-09-2015, 11:15 AM
fair enough Chris. I think you will agree the value of the kits are very good for the price.
Start a build diary when it arrives

Gavin1393
22-09-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm currently waiting on a lp-1m to arrive, I dare say I'll have to retop it and do a fair bit of modification to get it to the standard I'm after. There was a company in the states called bulldog bodies who used to do a great kit at about the $3-500 mark, but they have shut down due to owners time constraints. All I'm saying is there's a big gap in the market for ametures who are happy to spend a bit more money, but not the mega bucks precision demands. Even just a solid top would draw a few extra dollars and a lot of sales.

Hey Chris

We are always happy to look at what our forum members want. However, it does cost a fair bit to get specific models in and we also have to be mindful that we cannot copy a 'F' or "G'-style guitar down to the 'T' as we would be sued for copyright breaches. Hence our models are always 'based' on a legendary model!

The good thing is that you have raised awareness amongst the forum members for this particular model (maybe chuck up a few pictures of what is important to you with this model that our already cataloged LP's do not have. From there if we can get to 5 units it will be worth going to the factory and costing this. Otherwise there is the option to put in a custom order, build a scratchie yourself, or ask DB to build the one-piece neck you want and add this to a modded body from one of our existing kits?