PDA

View Full Version : Just exactly how hard could it be?...

nDR01d
20-08-2015, 03:14 PM
For my next build, I'm sticking with another ST-1, but going with some funky colour changes, viz: red body (like bright red) and a yellow pickguard - which btw is quite hard to get cut the way I want it (HSS; Humbucker in the neck and sinlges for mid and bridge). So, my question is this, if go ahead and get a yellow blank (210x300x3mm, which I know is a bit on the thick side) is it easy enough to cut out the holes? Could I do it with a Dremel or do I need to use a plunge router or lastly, should I just post it to DB and let him deal with it? ;)

wokkaboy
20-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Hi (is it Andrew?)
been a while since you posted.
The man that cuts cool pickguards is Pablopepper on the forum.
He should see this post and cut you one.
It would be very difficult to cut one with a dremel and router and you would need the right cutting bits with a pattern following bearing.
If he doesn't reply send him a PM on the forum
Otherwise there are plenty of online stores that sell a heap of different colour pickguards but a HSS with humbucker in the neck would be a bit rare

Gavin1393
20-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Pablo is a pickguard genius. Extremely reasonably priced and he does a terrific job.

nDR01d
20-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Hey Wokka, yeah been busy at my farm out here + I'm getting over pneumonia. Thanks for the hot tip re:Pablopepper. I'll PM him for sure. Warmoth can do it, but in yellow. So I'd be looking at $25USD plus P&H and then yellow contact book covering stuff. I definitely want to avoid that situation.

stan
20-08-2015, 05:37 PM
I second Pabs, great work and a gentleman

dingobass
20-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Pabs is deffo the bloke for the job...

pablopepper
20-08-2015, 06:27 PM
I love wacky pickguards! Not even a problem.

keloooe
20-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Yep another one for Pabs! Great guy all round! And his picks are quite cool too :D

nDR01d
29-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Sorry Gents, forgot to follow up. I got in contact with PabloPepper and he made me up the sickest Ferrari Yellow pickguard and backplate for a very reasonable price. He posted it out to me ASAP as well. Thanks for all of your help fellas. I'm a very happy little vegemite. =D