PDA

View Full Version : New Server for PBG and BYOG

adam
14-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Evening all, I hope you've noticed an improvement in the speed of both the PBG site and this Forum.

We moved the Forum over to a new server a few months ago and the difference in speed was immediately noticeable.

On Wednesday, we finally moved the PBG website to another, separate server, so I was expecting similar results. Once the internet caught up with the directions to the new server, I saw spectacular improvement in speed.

I can especially see the difference in the admin area; it's a lot faster to load and there's much less swearing whenever I have to do admin tasks.

Many thanks to our IT guru Darren for all his efforts getting us there.

Cheers Daz!!!

If you have any comments about the site's performance, we would love your feedback. Feel free to post in this thread.

keloooe
14-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Much faster now Ads, really does make looking at all the wonderful kits which I hopefully plan to build a much easier task :D

stan
15-08-2015, 05:57 AM
seems a lot quicker mate

crundes
15-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Yeah much quicker Adam. Love all the work you put into this business. Cheers!

pablopepper
17-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Anyone else regularly getting 404 pages? I mostly use mobile/tablet to browse the site and have been noticing this getting more and more frequent. Right now, I can only see about 20% of what I click on, most of the time I run into this
http://i.imgur.com/6OkZ8Gp.png

Is it just me?

bargeloobs
17-08-2015, 06:42 AM
Anyone else regularly getting 404 pages? I mostly use mobile/tablet to browse the site and have been noticing this getting more and more frequent. Right now, I can only see about 20% of what I click on, most of the time I run into this
http://i.imgur.com/6OkZ8Gp.png

Is it just me?

I've never had a problem. Did you try clearing your browser cache, clearing cookies?

pablopepper
17-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Tried that, bro. Nada. BTW, this is on my mobile, I've had no problems on desktop so far, but I don't use my pc at home.

Darren
17-08-2015, 12:20 PM

Is it just me?

I'd be interested in seeing the URL of the page which kicks up that error - think you could copy it and post here?

Thanks!

pablopepper
17-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Sure thing Darren, I'll have to manually transcribe it, because funnily enough this is one of the pages I can't see on my phone.

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4138&p=82006#post82006

Oh, and it's more than one page, it's most of them. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it, and on different days I can/can't see different pages.

Darren
17-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Cheers PP, I've just made some changes which may resolve your issues - reckon you could give a test and let me know? Thanks!

pablopepper
17-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Yes, brilliant! Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks heaps, Darren!