PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Adelaide

Johnny Supercar
12-08-2015, 01:55 PM
I have already made one guitar, but I am considering making a hollow body ES-3 Kit. Last guitar I made was Birdseye Maple finish which I simply finished in Automotive Clear Lacquer. With the next one, I'm considering staining and using Tru-Oil to finish it. Never used Tru-Oil before. Can you obtain the same high gloss finish with Tru-Oil and what do you use on the surface to maintain that finish years down the track:confused:

wokkaboy
12-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Johnny,
plans sound great for the ES-3 build. There's been a debate on the forum on tru oil how long it lasts.
Sure you can get a high gloss finish but you need to apply at least 10 - 12 thin coats before you can wet/dry sand it back and polish to a high gloss finish.

Johnny Supercar
31-08-2015, 07:42 AM
I have already made one guitar, but I am considering making a hollow body ES-3 Kit. Last guitar I made was Birdseye Maple finish which I simply finished in Automotive Clear Lacquer. With the next one, I'm considering staining and using Tru-Oil to finish it. Never used Tru-Oil before. Can you obtain the same high gloss finish with Tru-Oil and what do you use on the surface to maintain that finish years down the track:confused:

Also, can anybody tell me where you can go to get custom Transfers / Graphics made up to put on the machine head of your guitar???:confused:

wokkaboy
31-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi Johnny,
you mean a logo for the headstock ?
Send Andyport from the forum an email he should be able to help
citysigns at internode.on.net