PDA

View Full Version : August Sale

adam
07-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Those of you who have been around from the start know that we usually go a bit crazy in August (our Anniversary) and engage in some seriously crazy SALE action.

I've thought long and hard about this and decided this year we will not have a site-wide sale.

I've had to sacrifice a fair whack of profit to keep our prices stable, even though the Aussie dollar has slumped over 25% since we started. I just don't have the room to give away product at ridiculous prices.

And, to be perfectly honest, after a few very disappointing "customer relations" experiences this year, I'm really not in an anniversary celebration mood.

I have kept aside some custom orders that have been knocked back 'cause they weren't quite to spec, so I will offer those on the Forum for you guys. There's also a few "seconds" I've been saving which I'll add into the mix.

So, the limited Forum "Sale" will take place on Sunday August 23, from 9am Perth time (11am EST).

bargeloobs
07-08-2015, 06:43 PM
And, to be perfectly honest, after a few very disappointing "customer relations" experiences this year, I'm really not in an anniversary celebration mood.
(11am EST).

Oops, No awesome deals this time round, sorry guys, guess that's my fault:P

Brendan
07-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Sounds fair enough - Wokka and Gavin will need to stock up another way ;).

dingobass
07-08-2015, 07:28 PM

Bahahahaha!

keloooe
07-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Just remember how many kits Wokka still has to build after the last sale....

wokkaboy
08-08-2015, 05:00 PM
understand totally Ads, you make a big loss on those sale prices. Luckily my unbuilt pile is still 8 kits high.
Went to the wood show today and scored some nice marri, a 3.1m long slab should make 7 guitar bodies. Also got enough rock maple for 4 necks and black walnut will make 6 fingerboards. So I'll be busy the next 8-12 months anyway.
I'll have a look at the sale anyway in case !
I'll post some pics later of the haul myself and Wayne bought

KurtSlash123
09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Dammit bargey now look at what you've done haha 😝

Fretworn
10-08-2015, 11:34 AM
And our collective better halves breathe a sigh of relief........

BenWA
12-08-2015, 01:34 PM
might as well just send em all to wokka now

wokkaboy
12-08-2015, 01:41 PM
haha funny guy Ben ! If you want a sale kit just be online on time and be ready for a quick sale !

keloooe
12-08-2015, 02:04 PM
I'll just DDOS Wokka to stop him from getting anything :D

wokkaboy
12-08-2015, 02:07 PM
haha you can try Pest. While your trying that I'll have a couple of kits locked in

andrewdosborne
12-08-2015, 02:15 PM
And our collective better halves breathe a sigh of relief........

That could be a good thing :) Will take the heat off with the flurry of packages I've received recently...

BenWA
12-08-2015, 03:05 PM
i tried last time, the site was so laggy though! hopefully itll be able to handle it better this time

wokkaboy
12-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Ben, just keep refreshing for the post with the links. If you get through to the paypal/pay screen you pretty well have the sale locked in. Good luck !

dingobass
12-08-2015, 04:29 PM
haha funny guy Ben ! If you want a sale kit just be online on time and be ready for a quick sale !

Yeah, right, good luck with that Ben.....:p

Rabbitz
12-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Well I'm outta luck this time. Just bought a new ute. Need to fit it out, so cash flow < 0

BenWA
13-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Ben, just keep refreshing for the post with the links. If you get through to the paypal/pay screen you pretty well have the sale locked in. Good luck !

Honestly, i did try, i thought id snagged a cheap tele kit, submitted my payment details and address etc but it never went through. the site was seriously slow then though, since the forum got updated its a lot faster now so hopefully it should be a bit easier this time!