PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to Wudtone

adam
07-08-2015, 05:55 PM
It was with a tinge of genuine sadness I just removed the Wudtone page from our website.

We are almost completely out of stock now and the remaining kits are probably reaching their use by date. I've decided to give the balance of product to Wokka and Wayne at 4D guitars. I'm always impressed by the philanthropic efforts of those guys and anything we can do to support them is probably too little. Put it to good use guys.

I doubt Andy from Wudtone is still lurking these pages, but when we started with Wudtone in early 2013, he would often chime in here with some personal, expert advice in support of his fine product.

It's a shame that the product was just too costly to import. Nothing to do with Andy's pricing, it was the customs charges; freight, duty, clearance fees, dangerous goods handling... We just couldn't make any money from the product. In fact, I personally lost a lot of money just stocking it.

Anyhoo, if Andy was still lurking, I'd say thank you for taking a chance on a bunch of upstarts in Perth, Western Australia. You have a very fine product, which was hugely popular with our amateur builders, it's just a shame that the crippling import charges meant it wasn't viable for us.

Cheers Andy!

(I know Andy's a serious cricket fan, so I'm sure he's probably pretty happy right now).

Gavin1393
07-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Lets hope for some symbolism in the removal of a number of English wickets today as well!

keloooe
07-08-2015, 06:28 PM
So long to what was a cool product that really got me into stained guitars! Wokka and Wayne will definitely put it all to good use!

andrewdosborne
07-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Yes, sad to see it go from the store. I did recently pick up some direct from Wudtone, a bottle of 'TV yellow' for a custom junior build in the pipeline so its still available.

dingobass
07-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Thats interesting, Andrew.
Did it come to you through the post?

adam
07-08-2015, 07:02 PM
There is still Wudtone Australia, which was started by one of our customers (an ex-pat living in Singapore I believe).

You can still order the product from them, but it does seem very expensive ($46.99)

http://www.wudtone.com/australia/?page_id=4

Is this where you ordered from Andrew?

andrewdosborne
07-08-2015, 07:30 PM
There is still Wudtone Australia, which was started by one of our customers (an ex-pat living in Singapore I believe).

You can still order the product from them, but it does seem very expensive ($46.99)

http://www.wudtone.com/australia/?page_id=4

Is this where you ordered from Andrew?

Ordered from the AU website, but from memory was shipped direct from the UK (I was surprised to see a UK stamp on package when it arrived)

http://www.wudtone.com/australia/?wpsc-product=finishing-kit-tv-girl

dingobass
07-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm........

kimball492
07-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Come on the Poms lol
It's kinda weird . When I was at school we used to play cricket so much .
But sadly it seems most UK schools no longer play it . I think because of
possible liable suits from injured kids parents. So wonder where all the
Good future England players will come from .

adam
07-08-2015, 08:14 PM
It's all a bit silly really. The conditions in the UK are completely foreign to Aussie players and the same applies when England plays here. The only solution is to have all the Aussies play in UK county cricket and the English players play here in our summer.

kimball492
07-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Sounds a great idea Adam put it into action . I think quite a few Currently do that now . Can only be better for the game.

adam
07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah, some do, but clearly not enough. I think it's been "England win in England" and "Australia win in Australia" for too long now, at least since 2005.

dingobass
07-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Its strange, a lot of our guys play county cricket but choke during tests..
I reckon that T20 cricket has had a negative impact on test cricket, looking at a lot of the shots being played they are T20 slash and bash shots.

keloooe
07-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Come on the Poms lol
It's kinda weird . When I was at school we used to play cricket so much .
But sadly it seems most UK schools no longer play it . I think because of
possible liable suits from injured kids parents. So wonder where all the

Every school here plays cricket, Aussie kids just love it to bits!

keloooe
07-08-2015, 09:29 PM
I reckon that T20 cricket has had a negative impact on test cricket, looking at a lot of the shots being played they are T20 slash and bash shots.

Agreed, but the players also do have to remember the fact that the BB is mainly just for fun for the whole family to enjoy, hence the shots being played... But I have no idea why shots like that are being played in tests... Surely the players should be smart enough for that??

dave.king1
07-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Not enough of our top line players are getting proper 1st class experience in foreign conditions there is too much attraction in the quick bucks of T20 particularly the IPL.

Speaking of playing I was graded just shy of my 15th birthday and have just registered for my 52nd season, despite having just under 900 wickets @ 16.something and just over 3000 runs @ a very poor average in the local comp I have played in since 1976 I wasn't prepared to end on the 3rd ball duck I finished with in February.

Just hope the body holds up for a game or two :D

Should also add that our boys are doing OK at the moment and if they can put on a decent score in what will be the best of the conditions then the poms could have an interesting and difficult chase and a rather difficult pitch ( sadly pigs may also fly )

Gavin1393
08-08-2015, 12:36 AM
So wonder where all the
So far most have come from South Africa.....

BenWA
08-08-2015, 09:55 AM
im a pom (booo hissss) and i remember playing cricket at school in the summer. I also used to play after school sometimes with mates, though that was more the see how hard you can hit the ball in the direction of the school buildings windows kind of cricket haha

dingobass
09-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Remember those heady Summer afternoons when we played street cricket?
Garbo can for the wicket, a fence paling for a bat and a tenno wrapped in electrical tape.
Once bounce catch and you were out, over Mrs Cafoops front fence, 6 and out....
Then the mad scramble to get off the road when a car came along.
Ahhhh, the good old days :)

kimball492
10-08-2015, 01:40 AM
That's exactly how we play cricket now in UK DB lol. Dare I say Well done England !!!

wokkaboy
10-08-2015, 11:22 AM
thanks very much Ads for passing on the last of the wudtone, I'll give it a crack for sure.
Disappointing 4th test some poor shots played by the Aussie batsmen as others have said.

Bass Guy
13-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Hear hear- great product, and who knows maybe circumstances may changes and we'll see it return.

stan
14-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Remember those heady Summer afternoons when we played street cricket?
Garbo can for the wicket, a fence paling for a bat and a tenno wrapped in electrical tape.
Once bounce catch and you were out, over Mrs Cafoops front fence, 6 and out....
Then the mad scramble to get off the road when a car came along.
Ahhhh, the good old days :)

great memories, sounds like every summer I had as a kid