PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Dave

Dave Easter
01-08-2015, 03:39 AM
Hi folks, I'm just starting out on this forum, having just bought an ES-3 kit which looks gorgeous in the raw, and I hope I can do it justice. This will be my 4th build, after a telecaster, a stat and a semi-hollow. I've really enjoyed myself so far, and with each kit I've learned loads and been prepared to take on more of a challenge for the next project. This ES-3 is the one I'm really looking forward to. At the same time I will be building a 6 string bass as a present for a friend, but that should be pretty simple, like the tele I did first. I have a confession though. I can hardly play a tune yet! My proudest guitar achievement so far is repairing a charity shop Tanglewood acoustic for a friend. The body was badly distorted, but with the aid of an espresso machine, its nice and flat again, plays great with a lovely tone, and its now his favourite.

Fretworn
01-08-2015, 06:01 AM
Welcome Dave!

steve.timmons238
02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Welcome Dave. Sounds as if you have some experience building already, I'm sure she's gonna turn out great. I really dig those big Jazz guitars too man, very warm, rich sound. Unless your Ted Nugent I mean. Lol! Cheers!

wokkaboy
02-08-2015, 12:41 AM
Welcome Dave. Awesome kit the ES-3. I got one in the pile to build. How good are the fret marker inlays.
Good luck with the build and start a build diary. Ordering another kit is contagious so get used to it. Look forward to pics of your kit and stain plans

gavinturner
02-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Welcome Dave! There are a number of us here on the forum who love guitars but can't play too well. I'm on to my 20th build, and some how my playing still hasn't improved (well, much). Looking forward to readin about your ES-3 build!

cheers,
Gav.

stan
02-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Welcome Dave!

Brendan
03-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Welcome along Dave!

Dave Easter
31-08-2015, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Great to have so much help and experience around, it's very encouraging and confidence inspiring. The fret markers on the ES-3 look fantastic, so I'm racking my brains and scouring the web for ideas of what to do with the headstock that will look great but not stretch my skills too far. I've started the prep work but I haven't decided what colour to do the ES-3 yet.