PDA

View Full Version : Victims sought

dave.king1
28-07-2015, 05:18 PM
As a result of the YouTube thread I have an idea.

A old and current band mate of mine has a community radio show that has quite a large online presence, his show focuses on country and rockabilly indie artists, every week I get a bit of time to present a song by any artist / group of my choosing that I believe will be introducing someone new to the listening audience.

So far I have presented Slaid Cleaves, Rhythm Angles, Ricky Nelson's sons, Brandi Clark, Roy Sludge, Mick & The Rhythm Aces featuring Rodger Delfos ( Melbourne ) and quite a few others.

Next week I am presenting our own Swinging Beef & The Daptoids, in the next few weeks Homesick Ray & The Mild Bunch and The Bona Fide Travellers will be getting a gurnsey.

The question is, do we have anyone else on here anywhere in the world who fits the criteria who would like a bit of exposure.

I need either high quality YouTube or MP3 file that is suitable for broadcast, the YouTube clip then gets posted on Bob's Facebook after we go to air.

The show is Bob Browne's Indie Express which goes to air between 12 & 2 on Tuesday afternoons. FM89.3 if you are in the footprint or glf.com.au for streaming

Sorry that this doesn't help the rockers amongst the crew one here but I have to work within the framework of the show.

dave.king1
28-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Should add, if you have mates who fit the criteria I'm more than happy to give them a bump too

dave.king1
04-08-2015, 11:16 AM
We did a nice intro to rockabilly and SB & The Daptoids but unfortunately the PC in the studio or the program DVD was playing up so there were issues playing the song so we will revisit it next week and play it in full.

dave.king1
11-08-2015, 07:15 AM
After last weeks debacle with the playback of the Daptoids track we are repeating the whole segment today because we were advised the following day that the streaming was down well ( the beauty of community broadcasting )

Roughly 85% of Bob's audience is outside the broadcast footprint both in Oz and international.

So for those who are interested listen in today at 13:00 ( EST ) on 89.3FM or streaming at http://893fm.com.au/ and hit the listen live button