PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Fender Roadshow

Bass Guy
27-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Wednesday night is when the Fender Roadshow rolls into Perth (well, Fremantle to be accurate). Anyone Westside going? Anyone elsewhere already been?

I'll be there to see what they have this year- I'm anticipating a whole bunch of relicking which I'll be turning my nose up at... ;)

wokkaboy
27-07-2015, 01:46 PM
hey BG, myself, Wayne and Rozza will be there Wednesday night. Think the shows are tonight in Melbourne and another show 28th, then our show.
I'm interested talking to the Custom shop bloke.
No doubt there will be over priced relics on display !

keloooe
27-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Melbs is tomorrow, but unfortunately I'm not going :(

Bass Guy
29-07-2015, 10:12 PM
I left after half an hour. Mostly Custom Shop stuff that looked beat up and misused. In other words, a "relic"-heavy focus.

Also, only three basses. Given the fact Fender made the bass guitar a viable option before the Tele or Strat even existed, I found all the talk of "heritage" and "tradition" difficult to stomach and more than a little insulting.

60 odd guitars- all Strats and Teles- and only three basses. That's a slap in the face.

keloooe
29-07-2015, 10:22 PM
That's just a horrible effort by Fender! I would have expected more basses!!!

wokkaboy
29-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Hey BG I agree it was really a tele and strat show and over half were relic'd. Previous shows had much more of a range of models on display. The door raffle was some box set of books. Used to give away a guitar. They really were pushing for sales. Sure the master build guitars would have started at 10k. No mention of prices. All the prices on display guitars would have been a level or two down and most of them were 5 to 6 grand. Way over priced axes

keloooe
30-07-2015, 05:48 AM
Just remember though, it is free so really there wasn't any money wasted on it!

pablopepper
30-07-2015, 06:07 AM
That's a bit sad, not 100% surprising though.

dingobass
30-07-2015, 09:08 AM
And that is why I never bother going to these "road shows".....