PDA

View Full Version : SG double neck wiring

KurtSlash123
13-07-2015, 10:05 AM
This here fellas is the wiring diagram for my SG double neck.

I decided today I was goin. To find the problem with the neck pickup on the 12 string side. Now there is plainly and simply no sound coming out of that pickup, every appears for wired properly, can anybody see something on the neck line that could possibly be doing this, maybe a fault in the diagram itself, maybe I need better wires? Who knows. I'm stumped and I'm turning to the pitbull family for help!

Cheers,
Kurt

pablopepper
13-07-2015, 10:47 AM
The pots on the 6 string side are wired backwards, that doesn't answer your query though. I'd say you've got a bad solder somewhere. Do you have a multimeter?

KurtSlash123
13-07-2015, 11:16 AM
I do, I though Ymir was a problem with the PUP selector switch at first, might try and by pass that to see if it works, then I'll go from there.

WeirdBits
13-07-2015, 05:00 PM
If you followed the left half of the diagram for both necks rather than the mirrored, hence reversed, right half it should be fine. If your 12 string neck pup isn't working it will most likely be a bad connection/short, a faulty selector toggle switch or a faulty pup, in that order. As Pablo says, break out the multimeter and start testing.

Me2
27-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Gday, Ive just started the wiring, do you have any photos of your wiring I could follow? or anyone else got some pics they could share?

DrNomis_44
06-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Check to see if you might have some un-intentional short-circuits, and also check that all your pickups are good and don't have any open-circuit windings.

I have found that sometimes those three-way toggle switches can get a bit loose and the toggle doesn't work like it's supposed to, best way to fix that is to replace the toggle-switch with a new one.