PDA

View Full Version : Mental Thunder!

keloooe
09-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Hey guys (and girls),
I'm here to plug a young metal band here in Melbourne called "Mental Thunder". Mental Thunder is a small power band in the outer South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, comprised of Hemi Padlie on vocals and lead guitar (15y.o), Lee Gillespie on rhythm guitar (15y.o) and Jackson Mison on drums (16y.o) with currently no bassist, but there are 3-4 people willing to apply (including me!), so auditions start next week, very exciting news!

If I were to sum up the sound of the band, I'd probably tell you to imagine a band somewhere in the middle of Pantera and Metallica, you can easily hear influences from both bands, which with experience will develop and sound fantastic!

For now, they play Friday night Open Mics at the Green Table in Dandenong, and play the Pony Music Open Mic on the last Sunday of each month in Hallam, if you get down to these and I am in, please come up and say hi to me, would be awesome seeing some of you at gigs!

Here's what I think is the best video to show people, here is the band playing an original titled "Psycho Blues", they are much better than they are in the video, hope you all enjoy and make sure you like the page! (link under the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ghkrPXVo7A

https://www.facebook.com/mentalthunder

bargeloobs
09-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Very bluesey/metally, that track is anyway. I'm almost getting a hint of Motorhead coming through. I'm digging it!
Good luck man, hope you land the gig;-)

stan
09-07-2015, 02:40 PM
greatwork from young guys.
Good to see them out there giving it a go, and pretty good at it too!

Good luck with the audition

pablopepper
09-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Pretty damn solid unit for young fellas. Good stuff. Guitarist/singer has some impressive chops and a good voice to go with it. Hope the audition goes well dude.

Nickosaurus
09-07-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm with you Barge - Motorhead was the first thing that came to my head.

That guy's voice is so matured for his age and his chops are great!

Cool to see a female guitarist too.

Digging it.

keloooe
10-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Very bluesey/metally, that track is anyway. I'm almost getting a hint of Motorhead coming through. I'm digging it!
Good luck man, hope you land the gig;-)

Yeah I can also see the Motorhead influence coming through as well Barge now that you mention it

greatwork from young guys.
Good to see them out there giving it a go, and pretty good at it too!

Good luck with the audition

Yeah Stan, Hemi has been at the band since he was quite young, awesome to see them up on stage rocking!

Pretty damn solid unit for young fellas. Good stuff. Guitarist/singer has some impressive chops and a good voice to go with it. Hope the audition goes well dude.

Solid unit indeed Pabs! Hemi does have some sick chops, his voice has a nice growl to it which I find quite cool!

I'm with you Barge - Motorhead was the first thing that came to my head.

That guy's voice is so matured for his age and his chops are great!

Cool to see a female guitarist too.

Digging it.

Yeah Nicko good to see a female in the mix although she doesn't move around very much..... Will have to fix that soon!

Thanks for the well wishes guys, only a week to go for me!

dave.king1
28-07-2015, 08:39 PM
So Pesty, how did the audition go or is the train still rolling ??

keloooe
28-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Nah didnt get in due to current circumstances in my life, but they have found someone wlse who based on ability is nearly as good as me.... Note the word nearly :D

dave.king1
31-07-2015, 03:35 PM
The planets didn't align so obviously it wasn't meant to be, there will be one around the corner that finds you