PDA

View Full Version : A new type of instrument cable is on the way

kimball492
08-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Light Lead, Your Path To Audio Enlightenment
Image Of The Production Design For Light Lead
Light Lead, a company from Essex in the UK have just launched their Kickstarter campaign

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536327222/lightleadtm-world-1st-analogue-optical-audio-cable

This could well be the answer to long cable runs and cable drop out for all electric and plugged in acoustic instruments. Light Lead does not use wire to send signals it uses analogue light. Analogue light is not affected as it travels down a fibre, where as electrical signals in copper wire add all kind of "mischief" to the sound.

Light Lead delivers Zero Loading, Zero Capacitance, Zero Micro-phonics, 100% Isolation from electrical shocks, Consistent and reliable sound whatever the length, No more crackling cables.

Take a look at their site for more info and if you see the light at the end of the cable get involved. We will have a full review of the prototype on PTE next week.

http://www.iconicsound.com/

KurtSlash123
08-07-2015, 09:33 PM
This is Siick! Definetly getting one of these when they come out!

crundes
09-07-2015, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=kimball492;79437] Light Lead delivers Zero Loading, Zero Capacitance, Zero Micro-phonics...

I don't know what any of that means but I definitely would be interested to give this thing a go!

Bass Guy
09-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Like the concept a lot- but it's yet another bit of kit requiring batteries, which is a shame.

I'd also be wary of using it in a live situation as it seems pretty fragile, but for studio applications this would be marvellous.

Rabbitz
09-07-2015, 10:35 AM
To me it looks like another expensive solution looking for a problem...

keloooe
09-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Nah just go with the Lava Cable Ultramafics! I prefer having a little bit of highs lost in cable anyway. Plus it has taken a while for someone to finally adapt this for guitar use!

DrNomis_44
09-07-2015, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=kimball492;79437] Light Lead delivers Zero Loading, Zero Capacitance, Zero Micro-phonics...

I don't know what any of that means but I definitely would be interested to give this thing a go!

Basically, those are electrical characteristics of instrument leads which will have a detrimental effect on your tone.

stan
09-07-2015, 01:11 PM
after years of using these optic cables, someone will invent a pedal to give that original cable tone sound.....

keloooe
09-07-2015, 01:19 PM
after years of using these optic cables, someone will invent a pedal to give that original cable tone sound.....

Indeed they will Stan!

kimball492
10-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Here's the video review of the above mentioned cable.The guy testing it works for Avid Pro Tools live demos and is a member of the Pr Tools Expert Panel give it a chance lol check it out http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2015/7/9/interview-with-dave-holmes-danielle-barnett-testing-the-light-lead Bass guy I know what you mean about batteries I think we all do especially using guitar pedals .