PDA

View Full Version : Sydney based Luthier? Services required

adam
01-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Anyone based in Sydney who is confident to do a headstock shaping for us?

I messed up and sent an LP-1M kit to a customer before getting DB to do the shaping.

I thought rather than send it all the way back here, one of you might be able and willing do the job (for payment).

If you're near Ryde, and confident to do a pro headstock shaping, let me know here or send me an email and I'll hook you up with the customer.

Fretworn
02-07-2015, 11:13 AM
I'm close-ish to Ryde. But I'm far from a great woodworker, and don't have any fancy tools. I've done all my shaping by hand. So I'm probably not the guy for a professional job.

wokkaboy
02-07-2015, 11:15 AM
sure you would do a great job Fretty, a LP headstock only have to shape the top edge

Fretworn
02-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Depends what they have in mind. I'd be reluctant to try the full Gibson "curly mustache" cut.

pablopepper
02-07-2015, 11:57 AM
If it helps, I can send you a template.

stan
02-07-2015, 06:40 PM
it may extend to redrilling those typical offset holes...

adam
03-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Hey Fretty, I'm sure you're more than capable of doing the job. Would you mind if I put the two of you in touch, seeing as you're close to Ryde.

He's just after a standard Les Paul type shape, so, between the two of you, I'm sure you can get it done. And I will gladly send you a Coupon to compensate for your time.

Would you mind if I give the guy your email?

Fretworn
04-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Hey Fretty, I'm sure you're more than capable of doing the job. Would you mind if I put the two of you in touch, seeing as you're close to Ryde.

He's just after a standard Les Paul type shape, so, between the two of you, I'm sure you can get it done. And I will gladly send you a Coupon to compensate for your time.

Would you mind if I give the guy your email?

I suppose there's no harm in talking with the guy. Maybe even helping him do it himself.

wokkaboy
04-07-2015, 03:47 PM
that sounds like a plan Fretty let the LP-1M builder learn the process

adam
04-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Thanks Fretty. I haven't charged the guy anything so if you wouldn't mind imparting some of your knowledge and skill I think that would be great. I'll give him your email address. If you need anything from me just say the word.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk