PDA

View Full Version : BIL's Hank Marvin Shadows tribute demo

rockmof
01-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys, ok I got "Hank" at my place, starting to learn how to record on my computer. (only had an apple for 6 years and it has taken me until now to learn how to record).

The first one was using my LP but it just disappeared when I tried to save it, so this is really my first (although not as good as the one that disappeared)

I have named this "Experimental", and that is what it is, a bit of this and a bit of that.
There are four tracks.

Track 1 is back pickup and is the main part.

Track 2 is front pickup and is the chord part (a vamp)

Track 3 is the middle part, behind tracks 1 & 2

Track 4 have forgotten which pup/pups but is behind everything and even less than track 3.

Don't ask me whatGenre it is I think it is NEW (hahaha), may be surf-blues. I use a lot of echo.

If I can't post it in here I'll put it in the cloud.

https://soundcloud.com/rickmoff49/experemental-001-1072015-204-pm?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=email

Ok I hope this link works.

Rick.

wokkaboy
01-07-2015, 03:54 PM
sounds very cool and laid back Rick, love the sounds. What pups did the Hank have ?

I'd say its a bluesy surf genre

crundes
01-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Very nice Rockmof! What pickups are you using? They sound nice and warm, especially in tracks 2 and 3.

stan
01-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Very Stratty, it sounds really good

andrewdosborne
02-07-2015, 04:39 AM
Oh yes that's the twang! Spot on. Good work

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

rockmof
02-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the positive comments.

Woka & Crundes. I have checked with Dennis, and it as I thought.
The only things that have been changed from the Stratocaster ash kit is a maple fingerboard and gold hardware as ordered with the kit.
So stock standard PitBull start pups'.

It is very "stratty" and lots of echo helps give it the "twang". funny, though, I have never used echo before, but I really like this.

Now that I am starting to do some recordings on the computer I might do a few more, although some may need to be in a different section.