PDA

View Full Version : Clear Acrylic Question

Peter H
28-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone used White Knight’s Crystal Clear Acrylic if so I would like to hear about it. I’ve been using Motospray and have had some problems with cracking and the White Knight Crystal Clear states (Resists Cracking) so I was just wondering if the finish is just as good as the Motospray.

wokkaboy
28-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Hi Peter, I haven't used this particular clear can but in the past White Knight products have served me well.
I'd give it a crack maybe paint a test piece of wood and see how it goes.
What build is this going on and what is your colour coat brand/type ?

Peter H
28-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Hi Wokkaboy,

I'm doing a LP 1 Kit and I'm using U-Beaut water dyes this is my colour palette test.

The brown is for the back of the neck the sides and the back of body while the top and front of the head stock is green with a blue burst. I'll add this to a build diary.

stan
28-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Hi Peter, Gav T uses this exact clear , I think, with very good results, should be fine for what you want to do

johnno
28-06-2015, 05:02 PM
hi Peter. I have tried a lot of spray finishes and i think that the white knight crystal clear is by far the best. It's dry time is super fast. You can put up 10 coats on in a day, if you can bake it under a light ( i use a 150wt port a flood) It sands easy (Wet or Dry) and it buffs to a surer smooth mirror finish. don't be worried if just after you spray a coat on it goes milky, that goes away in a short while, i have hat that happen to me spraying on a rainy day.

stan
28-06-2015, 07:25 PM
milky finish is usually due to the humidity. It will also often buff out

gavinturner
29-06-2015, 06:47 AM
hey Peter,
the White Knight is a great product. I've used it over MTN94 spray colour with great results.

cheers,
Gav.

Peter H
29-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all the answers guys. I'm gonna give it a try on my test board and see how it goes.