PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys.

steve.timmons238
27-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Hi guys.
I'm Steve and I just registered to Pitbull Guitars forum. I'm new to guitar building, but have been playing guitar for more then 40 years. I live in Virginia, USA.
I recently purchased a double neck SG kit from an ebay seller and started searching for information to help me understand how the build process works. That's how I stumbled on your awesome site. It has had all the information I was looking for, and then some.
So at any rate, just wanted to introduce myself. Cheers!

Rabbitz
27-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Welcome.

You have stumbled across the right place.

As newbie builders we are lucky to have some very clever craftsmen here who are only too willing to help - they have an amazing store of knowledge and it is all here for the asking!

Remember that the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Do not be surprised if a lot of the answers include the phrase "more sanding".

gavinturner
27-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Welcome Steve! Will be great to read about your build. Please start a build diary and share your experien ces with us all.

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
27-06-2015, 09:43 AM
welcome to the forum Steve, gee over 40 years playing you should know a guitar inside out ! Great to have another builder from the US !
I built one of the SGD-612 kits couple of years ago, finished in wudtone amaranthine.
Start a build diary and ask any questions, I should be able to help answer them.
There's double the work with 2 necks but worth it.
Get prepared for some difficult wiring as there as so many possible routes for the wire to go !
Best of luck and start sanding and take some mock build pics !

steve.timmons238
27-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Wow! Thanks for the warm reception guy's. It appears you have quite a bit of build experience among you that's for certain. The guitar looks great wokkaboy, I only hope mine turns out half as good. I'm going for a Jimmy Page tribute sorta thing, so I'm going to try Wudtone-Cherry Flamenco and my finish. I would really like the backs of the necks red as well, but I will be talking to Mr. DingoBass about that soon. Thanks again Guy's.

P.S.,
I have been taking pics (to impress the ladies) and I will be sure to post them in the near future.

stan
27-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Welcome Steve, looking forward to seeing the build, enjoy

andrewdosborne
27-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeneralKaos
27-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Welcome, my fellow american! Looking forward to seeing that axe come together!

steve.timmons238
27-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Man, you guy's are awesome! Like Elvis said, "Thank you. Thank you very much".

wokkaboy
28-06-2015, 09:57 AM
nice plans Steve, cherry flamenco will look great and for sure the same on the necks will look wicked.
Look forward to seeing the kit you scored and you have a heap of sanding in front of you !
Good luck

steve.timmons238
28-06-2015, 11:05 AM
I uploaded some pics onto my computer today. Now I just have to figure out how to resize them so I can post them on a build diary. lol!

Fretworn
29-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Welcome Steve.