PDA

View Full Version : iRig Question

keloooe
25-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Hey guys,
So I'm about to bite the bullet and make a purchase which involves buying the IK Multimedia iRig. I don't want to ALWAYS record to my phone as that might end up being a pain in the ass.... SO my question here is, can I go from the iRig straight into my laptop? Currently, the laptop has a mic in as a viable input source.

Also, if I do end up going into Garageband / Amplitube, what is the best way to get each individual track onto the laptop?

Cheers,
Pest

--EDIT--
I am getting the original iRig, not the higher end models with all the other fun stuff...

GeneralKaos
25-06-2015, 05:53 PM
I have the iRig HD. If you have a USB port on the laptop, no problems.
If you have been bumping from the laptop to the PC, why not run straight into the PC and eliminate a step?

keloooe
25-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Hey Kaos, I meant laptop, not PC. Even if I DID have a separate machine here at home, I'll be away next week and I want to get as much recording done as possible away from home. I also am getting the original iRig, not the HD unfortunately....

ultpanzi
26-06-2015, 05:26 PM
If you have a mac you can go straight to the mac from iRig, if not, then it depends on the configuration of the mic in socket, cos its got to have the input contact where the mic section of the tip is, as opposed to the headphones sections.