PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here with injuries?

keloooe
21-06-2015, 07:39 PM
So I know a few of you here have injuries that have affected your musical loves in some way, so I thought we should share them and compare battle scars! Obviously if you don't want to contribute, then that's fine.

So to kick start this thread I'll chat about my own injuries (Yay!).
So early last year I had a fall in which I tried to break with my hands, but my right hand was positioned so that the top of my hand was facing down instead of my palm being there, so when I hit the ground my wrist was fractured and wrecked most of my metacarpal tendons in the hand. Fast forward to today and while playing guitar (and bass), it still hurts as apparently it is an injury which will never heal completely. it only seems to hurt with my first two tendons, the ones that go to the index and middle fingers, the rest are fine.

The result of this injury is my speed is impaired and also my finer rhythm is impaired, so sometimes I need to use a pick to play bass properly and for guitar I need to watch my speed to not destroy my hand.

Will be interesting to hear of some injuries here on the forum!

Cheers,
Pest

Bass Guy
21-06-2015, 07:58 PM
When I was about 18 I was told by my doctor to stop playing guitar for 6mths as I was developing the symptoms of CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome). I developed this in my left wrist (my writing and fretting hand) because I was wearing my guitar around my knees trying to be "metal". The resulting angle of my fretting hand was such that it was straining the ligaments and pinching the nerve.

And just last Tuesday I had a gig on bass and Stick at the Blues Club here in Perth. Due to off-stage matters and general disrespect by the organisers the entire band was amped and ready to play a killer show. Which we did- it was our Queen At Live Aid moment. But I must have played very hard as my right middle and index fingers ached dreadfully afterward. I think I bruised my hand muscles internally, and it's only just stopped sending shooting pains today.

keloooe
21-06-2015, 08:03 PM
I used to play guitar as low as possible, just for the metal factor \m/
Never knew you also wrote with your left hand BG, I thought I was the only right handed player who writes with their left! Good luck recovering from the injury from last week mate, get back to playing killer shows once you are all well and recovered!

Bass Guy
21-06-2015, 08:08 PM
We're in good company- Mark Knopfler, Steve Morse, Sting... All southpaws who play conventionally.

It makes sense to me, particularly with higher gauged string instruments- that the strongest hand does the majority of the work. If I had my way righties would be playing like McCartney....

Nickosaurus
21-06-2015, 08:47 PM
I feel you with the wrists Pest. I've got TFCC and ligament damage in my left wrist/hand. Had surgery (plates/bone shortening) and I can't stretch nearly as far as I used to (lucky I have long fingers) and it still gives me grief. I'll never be able to lift heavy weights again which sucks. Lifting weights used to be a passion. Now I can only swim. Gotta look after my right wrist too as that's liable to go in the next decade too (joy).

Also got tinnitus like a lot of musos. Wish I could have told my younger self to wear some damn earplugs.

keloooe
21-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Yeah Nick I saw the video with the wire running through your wrist! For me I dont lift weights, I do mainly core / legs, but push ups and the like I dabble in every now and then.

GeneralKaos
22-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Ahh, youth........
Just wait till Art Wrightus comes along and kicks yer arse.

dingobass
22-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Five buggered discs, three vertebrae with stress fractures, arthritus in right index finger knuckle.....
Thats what ya get for a misspent youth..

dave.king1
22-06-2015, 06:27 PM
I've only got one that affects my playing ( apart from lack of skill ), a cricket ball smashed the 2nd knuckle of the ring finger on my right hand which required some major reconstruction.

Luckily it gets into a comfortable position for hybrid picking :D

Other than that I had a run in with a rotary hacksaw blade in an angle grinder, the cut was around 25mm deep in places and missed everything

keloooe
22-06-2015, 06:35 PM
One word Dave.... OOOOOOUUUUUUUUUCCCHHHH!!!!

wokkaboy
22-06-2015, 06:51 PM
wow Dave you are lucky the damage was minimal, there's been some terrible grinder accidents

andrewdosborne
22-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Five buggered discs, three vertebrae with stress fractures, arthritus in right index finger knuckle.....
Thats what ya get for a misspent youth..

DB, your back sounds as good as mine! I can't quite remember how my youth was misspent but it was not good for the back... Thankfully modern neurosurgery has kept me upright and walking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fretworn
23-06-2015, 10:57 AM
All my problems have been in my legs (dislocated left patella 4 times in 3 years in my late teens, left floater bone in the joint which made my knee seize up when I was about 30), so they haven't effected my playing.

I also have the obligatory tinnitus from using headphones too loud, and from having to stand up close to the ride cymbal in gigs for a few years.

Nickosaurus
23-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Yeah I reckon mine was from the crash next to me in my old metal band

dave.king1
23-06-2015, 12:24 PM
I think most of us of a certain age will have tinnitus, standing in front of double stacks back in the day doesn't help and neither do headphones today

keloooe
23-06-2015, 01:40 PM
I think most of us of a certain age will have tinnitus, standing in front of double stacks back in the day doesn't help and neither do headphones today

I seem to be the ONLY sensible teenager around..... But when I play guitar I definitely am at the edge of damage, it isnt damaging my ears yet, but there isn't that much headroom before damage occurs....

wokkaboy
23-06-2015, 02:13 PM
how many teenagers are on the forum Pest ? I can only think of you, Aiden and Jacob

keloooe
23-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Nah I'm talking about teenagers in general, not here on the forum...

dave.king1
23-06-2015, 03:42 PM
I seem to be the ONLY sensible teenager around..... But when I play guitar I definitely am at the edge of damage, it isnt damaging my ears yet, but there isn't that much headroom before damage occurs....

You'd be amazed at how low the level to cause damage can be over an extended period particularly with earbuds.

Not that 3 x 200W double stacks and 600W a side on the foldback isn't capable of some serious levels, don't worry about the audience when there's 1200W a side on the PA as well, they were there for a good time :D

I'm sure there a few of my vintage on here who have experienced the same type of setup

Rabbitz
23-06-2015, 03:47 PM

Seriously, what you think of as the edge, is probably a lot worse than you think...

Now having given the sermon I will add, do as I say, not as I did...

:)

Over 30 years around the music industry, over 25 years in the diving game, almost 40 years competitively shooting. My ENT reckons it is a miracle I can hear at all :)

Oh to answer the original question - if you get to put the grand age of 50 behind you and you aren't carrying a few scars, dents and pains then you haven't actually lived.

:p

keloooe
23-06-2015, 03:51 PM
Nah I have chatted to an audiologist about my levels, they are fin (especially when I wear my earbuds) and I am always wary of how much I push the amp

Rabbitz
23-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Not that 3 x 200W double stacks and 600W a side on the foldback isn't capable of some serious levels, don't worry about the audience when there's 1200W a side on the PA as well, they were there for a good time :D

I'm sure there a few of my vintage on here who have experienced the same type of setup

We had a drummer we worked with for years who ended up using one side of a double four way as him fill monitor. For the youngsters who grew up with modular bins, a double (or triple) four way was pretty much the standard PA used in pubs in the mid/late 80's.

2 (or 3) x W Bins
2 x 45/70 bins
2 x horns
2 x rings

on each side of the stage.

We fed them with various amps usually ~500 to 600w per level per side. Indoors.

*shudder* so much sh*t to lug in and out.

No wonder so many of us greet each other with the phrase "huh, what did you say?"!

dingobass
23-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Four year apprenticship as a Boilermaker and helloooooo industrial deafness..
It has come in handy though, I use it as an excuse to not hear the Minister for War and Finance yammering at me about jobs I havent done around the house..

wokkaboy
23-06-2015, 04:35 PM
haha yeah DB, you seem to hear me ok in the man cave ok when I say "want another beer DB?" hahah

dingobass
23-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Yhep... There are certain words that are not affected by industrial deafness :)

keloooe
23-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Apart from that it's just all muffled as if DB's head is underwater :D

steve.timmons238
29-06-2015, 01:45 AM
In 1998 I was dropped 50ft. by a crane at work. Crushed both of my heals, lung collapsed twice, and nearly tore my left arm completely off, severing all the nerves in my arm. I thought my playing day's were over. I even thought of asking the misses to take my gear to the basement so I wouldn't have to look at it and be depressed. Instead, I decided to use the guitar as a sort of physical therapy. I still have no feeling in my hand, but I can play by looking at the guitar. I have written and recorded over 100 songs since then and people still like to hear me play. Where there's a will, there's a way. Just saying.

DrNomis_44
08-07-2015, 01:54 AM
I've sustained some hearing damage having worked in my dad's workshop as an apprentice fitter and machinist, my right ear is worse than my left due to having a tropical-ear infection in it when I was younger, I also suffer from tinnitus in both ears too.

I also get sinus trouble at certain times of the year, which tends to play havoc with my hearing.

keloooe
08-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Steve, you must be quite lucky to survive the fall, luckily you landed on your legs and even though you broke both heels, it is much better than landing on your torso or head...

Nomis, damn, hearing must be difficult for you, especially when recording!

steve.timmons238
18-07-2015, 07:29 AM
keloooe, if I had been lucky I wouldn't have been dropped in the first place. lol. Occupational hazard of a Millwright.

phrozin
27-07-2016, 12:27 AM
I had the misfortune of p plater's eagerness to try to beat cars across a intersection unfortunately he wasn't tort to look out for motorcyclists, It took me 2 years to save up for my dream motorcycle i only had it 2 weeks before it got totaled, i live in Adelaide and i even drove to mt Gambier to pick it up. I ended up at almost head on and went through his windscreen, lucky i was wearing all the good stuff so it saved my life injuries i got was broused my brain not that theres much of 1 and i no longer am able to taste things i also exploded my spine which damaged my spinal cord i had to have 2 lots of pins and bolts in both sides of my spine (really gives new meaning to a jeezzs i got a sore back) also pulled my pelvis out of wack and stuff knees and a bung shoulder things better now i spent 4 weeks in the spinal unit which i died once but they recovered me they od me on ozycodin (morphine) wasn't to flash and 3 months in hospital rehab learning how to do things again.

With the head injury i forgot how to spell things and some other things like losing coordination from my brain to my hands so learning how to play a guitar again was a bit hard to take, its been 2 years now since the accident and i am doing ok been a long road, i used to be a spay painter but that was the biggest bummer not being able to paint cars any more which i loved doing, i now get it out by building guitars which i really like it will be a wile before i will be able to do something for longer than an hour at a time and i don't have any movement in my legs but they call me a incomplete paraplegic which mean i don't have movement but i get the pain yeh great!

if i post something and i may spell things or have them back to front you know why sorry for the rant

here was my pipride and joy
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/phrozin9/th_ad_1403859015327_zpsvkkglerc.jpg (http://s587.photobucket.com/user/phrozin9/media/ad_1403859015327_zpsvkkglerc.jpg.html)

this after
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/phrozin9/th_20141010_110137_zpsnnoqpl6u.jpg (http://s587.photobucket.com/user/phrozin9/media/20141010_110137_zpsnnoqpl6u.jpg.html)

and this is the my best friend with out i wouldnt be here
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/phrozin9/th_20150202_195225_zpsjivntptn.jpg (http://s587.photobucket.com/user/phrozin9/media/20150202_195225_zpsjivntptn.jpg.html)

and for the macarb what a couple of grand of titanium looks like the nice veiw
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/phrozin9/th_20150401_195249_zpsv2vivjew.jpg (http://s587.photobucket.com/user/phrozin9/media/20150401_195249_zpsv2vivjew.jpg.html)

dave.king1
27-07-2016, 06:07 AM
A nasty accident and equally sad story but at least you are on the sunny side of the grass with a positive attitude.

Too many drivers don't pay attention to the road and what's around them and have dreadful tunnel vision, I have been driving for a long time and reckoned I was a pretty reasonable driver but when I started racing my spacial awareness became some much more attuned to everything on the road.

I live in a short dead end street that is full of kids playing and it's amazing how little care their parents take as they charge up the hill.

Stay positive and keep building

Dedman
27-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Dave, we used to call those suicide blades in the tool shop, they are actually illegal in some states.

Had my right rotor cuff repaired but still have an impingement in it, so it doesn't like being in some positions or any position for too long.
Arthritis in both hands and carpal tunnel in the left (bike clutch hand). Right knee has arthritus and possibly worn ligaments (bike starting leg), Emphysema so I won't be the harp player I wanted to be :P (30+ years a smoker)

phrozin
31-07-2016, 10:00 PM
A nasty accident and equally sad story but at least you are on the sunny side of the grass with a positive attitude.

Too many drivers don't pay attention to the road and what's around them and have dreadful tunnel vision, I have been driving for a long time and reckoned I was a pretty reasonable driver but when I started racing my special awareness became some much more attuned to everything on the road.

I live in a short dead end street that is full of kids playing and it's amazing how little care their parents take as they charge up the hill.

Stay positive and keep building

nah its not sad at all i have good people around me and the missus has been great so have our kids, i'm the sort of person that sees only the positive, yep i keep myself busy even our lad gets of the bloody xbox for more than 10 mins now got to be happy with that lol

Andy40
04-08-2016, 12:56 AM
I agree with DK Phrozin. thanks for sharing the story. I just thought you spelt things phonetically as it was easier!

I gave up riding motorcyles in mid 00's after a number of near misses with cars (some of which were actually intentional by car drivers!).

About the only injury i sustained from riding for many years was the clutch carpal tunnel.

Dedman
04-08-2016, 08:36 AM
I hear you Andy, I ride my bike to lunch with friends on a Sunday (via back streets) but if I want to go for a ride in the mountains I go on a week day when the idiot hoons are at work. I used to love riding and driving but the agro on the roads has taken the joy out of it.

Zandit75
04-08-2016, 02:19 PM
You guys need to come down to Tassie for some rides. We have some of the best roads available for riding, and there is only about 500k population in the state, so none of the traffic issues.
Plus you get some serious scenic glamour shots like these!
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu124/zandit/Random%20Riding/P1020787.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/zandit/media/Random%20Riding/P1020787.jpg.html)

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu124/zandit/Random%20Riding/P1020774.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/zandit/media/Random%20Riding/P1020774.jpg.html)

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu124/zandit/Random%20Riding/P1020778.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/zandit/media/Random%20Riding/P1020778.jpg.html)

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu124/zandit/Random%20Riding/P1020782.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/zandit/media/Random%20Riding/P1020782.jpg.html)

wokkaboy
04-08-2016, 02:24 PM
nice scenery Zandit

@ Phrozin that's a horrible story but glad you are positive and enjoying life now !

DrNomis_44
17-08-2016, 06:46 AM
@ Phrozin You're doing fine mate.

Fretworn
17-08-2016, 05:20 PM
After "skating" down Pitt St mall on a flyer someone had dropped. I am now recovering from a lateral dislocation of my left patella.

Andy40
17-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Zandit, I'd be there in a heartbeat.....but it would be for the fly fishing:p

Zandit75
19-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Zandit, I'd be there in a heartbeat.....but it would be for the fly fishing:p

I'll introduce you to my old man then, He'd love a fishing partner!

Raz
30-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Let's see:
loose ligaments in both shoulders, knees, and wrists. (had shoulder surgery my junior year)
nerve damage in left (fretting) hand due to above genetic condition + H.S sport injury (caused aforementioned surgery)
deteriorating cartilage in both knees
permanently messed up neck (hairline fracture of some sort I believe; also from H.S sport)

Unfortunately the messed up shoulders leads to less stamina in my arms, and the wrist makes playing difficult/painful after longer extended periods of time.
To put the shoulders in perspective: Kids in H.S always compare how much they can bench press. I could not, nor probably can to this day, bench press much over the bar the weights go on. Shoulders will literally slide/pop out of the sockets.

that's all I can think of at the moment.

wokkaboy
30-11-2016, 01:48 PM
not good Raz, what is H.S sport please ? must be an American term ?

Raz
30-11-2016, 01:59 PM
not good Raz, what is H.S sport please ? must be an American term ?

High School sport. I did collegiate wrestling (varsity) in High School.

dave.king1
30-11-2016, 06:24 PM
High School sport. I did collegiate wrestling (varsity) in High School.

Was T.S. Garp your coach :D

Edited to add, if you haven't read the book or seen the movie you won't see the connection

Simon Barden
30-11-2016, 06:56 PM
A great burden, Raz, and I feel for you. Our bass player's youngest son suffers from a lesser extreme version of your condition, but was sports mad at school. He was always playing soccer and rugby union, and was also on a UK youth Aussie rules football team that did a small tour in Australia and actually managed to win a match! He's about 6" 5', and was forever dislocating joints, putting them back in himself and carrying on with the game. All very brave, but he'll regret it when he gets older. He's finally calmed down and is taking things a lot easier now.

DrNomis_44
03-12-2016, 08:54 AM
This one time, I had to go down to South Hedland to do my Tech units as part of my Apprenticeship with my dad, it was at Pundlmurra College, to get down to South Hedland from Kununurra, where I lived, I had to do some traveling on a plane for part of the way, and the rest of the way by Bus, one thing they don't tell you about traveling by Bus is that it is very hard to settle into a comfortable position, just to get comfortable, I had to scrunch myself up in a foetal-position and lie on my side, every few minutes I had to change position due to pins-and-needles in my legs, anyway, I get to the Student Residences at Pundlmurra College and eventually decided to get to bed, the following day I tried to get up but I felt the worst pain imaginable in the lower part of my back, and I had to put up with it because I was due to attend my first Tech unit that day, so there I was, in class, having to literally sit bolt-upright just so I could write in my exercise book without having to experience stabbing pain shooting up my spine whenever I lifted up my right hand (which happened to be my writing hand, and it is my dominant one), those of you who have experienced what a bad back is like will know only too well, not a fun experience at all I can tell you.

Bad-back days are the pits, I've had some bad-back days where it was an excruciating experience just to get up out of bed, just to even move from one part of my flat to another involved me sitting on the floor while slowly sliding myself forward, I still get sore backs, but strangely, it only happens when lying on my bed, soon as I get up and sit on my computer-desk chair, the pain seems to go away, I found that some ice in a freezer bag that's wrapped in a tea-towel seems to help a lot, I guess it serves me right for trying to lift heavy things, such as a 6-cylinder engine-block, too many times, even though I did use correct lifting techniques.

When you do your back in, it's not a nice thing to experience, and it can happen without warning, one time when it happened, I was just reaching over to pick something up, when I felt something hit me like an electric shock in my lower back, and then came the pain and muscle weakness, and I knew instantly what I had done, moving ever so slightly in any direction caused a shooting pain to go up my back.

Moral of the story, always keep your back straight, and bend your knees when lifting things, cause bad backs are no fun at all.

I've even had to do a recording session while putting up with a bad back too, funnily enough, it didn't impact on my ability to record my parts though, I was sitting on a stool with my guitar plugged into the recording console, it was painful, but I did it, how Rock 'n Roll is that?

wazkelly
03-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Kids sport can be quite dangerous as I had quite a few injuries before giving the game away after we won our U15's Rugby League Grand Final.

Some of the injuries on the footy field included broken nose in U8's (not looking where I was going and also got knocked out), Spear Tackled in U14's Grand Final and 30 years later the connection was made after Chiropractor did x-rays to figure out what was causing me so much grief in L3 & L4. Broken ribs in U15's and also broke another players collarbone that same year. Countless sprained ankles both left and right and thankfully no knee injuries. Not bad for a skinny winger who only held his spot on the team because he could
run fast.

Outside of footy also broke ribs whilst sailing when the boat capsized into me as we were launching it. Gotta say broken ribs is one of the worst injuries and I was unlucky enough to break the same pair twice, just 6 years apart.

Only injury that restricts my playing is a badly smashed left pinky finger from a high speed push bike crash when I was 14 and as that finger didn't close into my fist quick enough ended up using it as brakes as I hit the deck. Dislocated and broke it in about 3 places and unbelievable how much you actually do with your non-natural/dominant hand. Many years later it is OK but not as strong as it could be.

dave.king1
03-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Having done both ribs in front and back and also rib cartlege I think ribs are less painful, also broken left arm twice, bones in the instep of the left foot a couple of times and broken fingers.

I broke the first knuckle on the index finger of my left hand mis timing a catch which is really not a good thing for a right handed bass player that has a 4 hour gig six nights a week

All of the above playing cricket at various levels over the years.

wazkelly
03-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Hi Dave, I have heard that about Rib cartilage injuries. Both are very uncomfortable.

How did you get around the broken index finger with all those gigs lined up?

dave.king1
04-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Hi Dave, I have heard that about Rib cartilage injuries. Both are very uncomfortable.

How did you get around the broken index finger with all those gigs lined up?

The Saturday it got broken was interesting, after I bumped the gear in and tuned up I stuck it in a glass of iced water which dulled the pain but when we started the first song and I fretted with it, it hurt like hell so from that moment on for the next six weeks or so I was a three fingered bass player.

Guitar or bass I have always used all four fingers on my left hand but it was a bit weird for a while

wazkelly
04-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Lucky it wasn't the next finger as folks would have thought you were flipping the bird haha.

Suppose a lot of open stringed notes may have helped get you through.

dave.king1
04-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Lucky it wasn't the next finger as folks would have thought you were flipping the bird haha.

Suppose a lot of open stringed notes may have helped get you through.

Funny that I rarely use open strings on bass and being a bit of a Paul McCartney disciple I play lines and not just thumping root notes like so many modern players.

wazkelly
04-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Did you play 'Birthday' whilst the index finger was out of action as that one has a lot of stretching and done at a cracking pace?

dave.king1
05-12-2016, 03:32 AM
Did you play 'Birthday' whilst the index finger was out of action as that one has a lot of stretching and done at a cracking pace?

Nope, only Macca style not his music. At the time we were playing country rock from the song books of the Eagles, Pure Prairie League etc

wazkelly
05-12-2016, 06:46 PM
The Eagles still had some tricky stuff that would have been challenging for a 3 fingered left hand.

Simon Barden
05-12-2016, 08:08 PM
One finger for root, one finger for the fifth, leaving a finger completely unused! ;)

dave.king1
18-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Third toe on left foot, please meet angry angle grinder loaded with 1mm cutting disk.

Somehow only hit that toe, didn't get to the bone and left the Hawaiian safety boots unharmed.

I was notching out a steel rule to use as a notched straightedge and dropped it.

Four stitches and a splint to hold it straight for a week and it will be as good as new.

Does give me an excuse to sit on my fat freckle and do music stuff ;)

D.K
18-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Completely ruptured bicep tendon in my strumming arm while lifting weights, can't be fixed, and cramps and locks up when my elbow is bent too long, ( like when strumming a guitar) handy. Also a buggered neck due to whiplash injuries mainly from exiting a car through the windscreen, probably wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't sitting in the back seat at the time. Other than that just the usual industrial deafness and arthritis in my right hand from 20 years of butchering. Getting older is so much fun.

wokkaboy
18-05-2017, 03:26 PM
wow DK you have had your share of injuries. Were you not wearing a seatbelt when you went through the windscreen of the car ?

Gavin1393
18-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Busted both my little fingers playing soccer.......I'm a goal keeper so I was actually allowed to handle the ball. Gave up playing soccer as I figure either play one more game or play guitar until the arthritis sets in! This is alos what got me into building guitars!

wokkaboy
18-05-2017, 04:05 PM
good to have you back on the forum Gavmiester. I never knew that about your little fingers !

Gavin1393
18-05-2017, 04:17 PM
I loiter about! ;)
broke em both twice over 4 seasons.....natures way of saying you too OLD to continue playing...

D.K
18-05-2017, 04:34 PM
That's right Wokka, young and stupid, fortunately I got to live and learn from that one, at 80 kmh it could have turned out a lot uglier. twenty years later and my neck still aches by the end of every day. just remembered I can add two dislocated thumbs to that, as anyone who has dislocated anything will know they are never quite the same afterwards,

wokkaboy
18-05-2017, 04:40 PM
yeah ok DK, sure you have learnt from some of your mistakes !

dave.king1
19-05-2017, 06:27 AM
yeah ok DK, sure you have learnt from some of your mistakes !

Maybe earlier lessons haven't sunk in.

The toe incident was Tuesday this week, gives me an excuse to spend heaps of time working on our recordings instead of work around the house.

DrNomis_44
20-05-2017, 04:20 AM
I've noticed that my back's been feeling a bit better lately, it hasn't been hurting me as much as it did over the last couple of years, not exactly sure what I did, but whatever I did seems to have done the trick.

Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon, I usually have at least one major backache per year.