PDA

View Full Version : Uploading photos

Bass Guy
20-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been addressed previously, but I am becoming aggravated by the 800x800 restrictions placed on photo uploads.

I've tried several times today to post shots of the Dingoburst for the benefit of the site (I think my attempt is the first with this product) but can't get the site to post the shots. In the past I've had to crop the photo to the point where it's useless for the purpose intended.

How are others getting around this? At this point I am reduced to posting pics on facebook. It also makes it difficult to consider entering the GOTM if detailed hi-res shots can't be uploaded.

Thoughts?

bargeloobs
20-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been addressed previously, but I am becoming aggravated by the 800x800 restrictions placed on photo uploads.

I've tried several times today to post shots of the Dingoburst for the benefit of the site (I think my attempt is the first with this product) but can't get the site to post the shots. In the past I've had to crop the photo to the point where it's useless for the purpose intended.

How are others getting around this? At this point I am reduced to posting pics on facebook. It also makes it difficult to consider entering the GOTM if detailed hi-res shots can't be uploaded.

Thoughts?

It is a pain, you're right. The trick is keeping them under that 97k limit. Luckily when exporting out of Photoshop you can lower the resolution of jpeg's and drastically decrease the file size. You might be better off uploading to imgur and just posting links. At least that way you can post high res images.

Bass Guy
20-06-2015, 11:15 AM
It might have to be lonks from now on. I don't have Photoshop and can't figure out how to reduce the size on the iPad.

dingobass
20-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Had the same dramas, I downloaded photoshop from the app store and luckily the free version allows you to reduce the image size without losing too much resolution.

Bass Guy
20-06-2015, 11:34 AM
I'll give it a bash. Thanks, all! 😃

kimball492
20-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Picasa is also very good it's free. Create a folder put your pics in , direct Picasa to the folder
File/add folder to Picasa chose folder click ok . When folder has loaded into Picasa select all pics you want to resize then click export bottom of screen click now click "resize to "and slide to adjust pixel slider to suit required size . Hope it helps
Kimball

keloooe
20-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Just upload them to an image host and use the image tags to get the full image up

adam
20-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Ok, I've had a play with the limit on jpg, gif and png files, so we now have 1500x1500 and 1meg limit. See how that goes and we'll keep an eye on the usage.

WeirdBits
20-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks Adam. I think 500K would probably be enough in most cases, with some reasonable sizing/compression from the uploader, but 1MB is even better as long as it doesn't end up punishing you with storage costs/limits and/or bandwidth.