PDA

View Full Version : Questions about JM-1 parts

jagstang
19-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Hi all, been looking around the forum for some spec's on the JM-1 kit but didn't turn up anything, I wanted to know
if anyone knows what the HB is like as in is there a common pup that's comparable? also what the pot values?

cheers Peter.

dingobass
19-06-2015, 08:08 PM
The Tonerider pups will fit.
Pot values should be 500k for volume and tone.

jagstang
20-06-2015, 02:42 AM
Thanks dingobass, I have been gathering little bits and pieces ready for when it arrives, glad they're
the 500k one less thing to play with.

Are the standard pup's worth trying out? as I have some other guitars here with assorted types of pup's i.e
Duncan's or some Fender's ( wasn't really a big fan of the Fender hb when I put it in the strat) I do like the
sound of the Dimarzio DP100 super distortion , is there a Tonerider that you know of that is in a similar sound group?

Sorry about all the questions.

dingobass
20-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Possibly the Tonerider Rocksong is what you need..

Lets throw this open to our Guitarists for some feedback :)

keloooe
20-06-2015, 03:13 PM
For ultimate shred..... Generators are my choice, but my favourite Tonerider pup is the Rocksong, it's hot but can be used in pretty much any application, think of it like a cheaper Seymour Duncan SH-4 in a way...

wokkaboy
20-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Hi Jagstang, the stock pups sound ok but are a little lower in resistance and output, so I'd recommend (as DB recommended) the Rocksong Toneriders have a good sound and plenty of punch.
You can coil split them as well if you want a single bucker sound

jagstang
21-06-2015, 02:14 AM
Thanks fellas, i'll check them out.