PDA

View Full Version : Pest joins the dark side of the Force!

keloooe
14-06-2015, 04:47 PM
So..... Last week I bought a bass! Some of you here may have seen the bass, so this morning I made up a simple holder with my headstock tuner to hold my GoPro (I just used a bit of duct tape) and shot a video of me covering Muse's Panic Station!
Enjoy the crap, early morning playing! I'll get a better video up ASAP and expect more bass covers :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUNggaGuo9c

Also, can I plug in a 3.5mm cable from a multiFX's headphone out to the mic in on my PC as a quick and simple interface?

Cheers,
Pest

stan
14-06-2015, 05:29 PM
great clip Pest. Looks like a bass version of Guitar Hero!

As for the plug idea, I dont see why not, I dont think you'll break anything, just don't know what kind of levels you'll get

zeromick
14-06-2015, 05:39 PM
YES! slap that bass!

keloooe
14-06-2015, 05:43 PM
@Stan cheers, yeah it does look like GH afterwards :D
Well if I can play bass thru my guitar amp SURELY a multiFX wont break my laptop!

@Mick cheers, that's one of my fav songs to play on bass!

stan
14-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Bass through guitar amp apparently works well. Also bass through guitar pedals seems to work fine too (guitar through bass pedals is another issue though)

keloooe
14-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Bass through guitar amp apparently works well. Also bass through guitar pedals seems to work fine too (guitar through bass pedals is another issue though)

Yhep, a lot of bass players play through guitar pedals, just like my bass idol Chris Wolstenholme.....

gavinturner
14-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Sounds great Callum! Love the go-pro rig. We can expect many more sound demos in the future!!

cheers,
Gav.

keloooe
14-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Sounds great Callum! Love the go-pro rig. We can expect many more sound demos in the future!!

cheers,
Gav.

Many more indeed Gav!

Nickosaurus
14-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah I've done the headphone thing with a multifx before (zoom g2.1u for reference) but the levels were pretty crappy.

Nice bass

keloooe
14-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Yeah I've done the headphone thing with a multifx before (zoom g2.1u for reference) but the levels were pretty crappy.

Nice bass

Cheers Nick, damn, I wanted to see how good it would go.... What about the output to the amp into the PC?
And yes, it is a nice bass, only problem is the nut is a bit high for my liking so I can't lower the action as far as I like, but for $170 I give this bass the thumbs up!

wokkaboy
14-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Nice work Pest. Good to see the gopro put to good use

keloooe
15-06-2015, 05:28 AM
Nice work Pest. Good to see the gopro put to good use

Yeah cheers Wokka, it will definitely get some good use!

pablopepper
15-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Good stuff, Pest. Just be careful running the bass through a guitar amp. The amp itself should have no problem, but the speaker is not rated for the low frequencies and could blow easily. Short bursts and keep the volume down. :)

keloooe
15-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Good stuff, Pest. Just be careful running the bass through a guitar amp. The amp itself should have no problem, but the speaker is not rated for the low frequencies and could blow easily. Short bursts and keep the volume down. :)

Yeah Pabs I have kept the amp real low, although when I did crank it for nearly two hours (amp is getting old anyway, might as well try to trash it, I'll be turning the amp into a bass amp soon anyway :D) with full gain on my distortion pedal and it survived even with the E string at C#...