PDA

View Full Version : Micks ES 335 custom

zeromick
08-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Finally got around to doing a sound demo.

few things... my 'clean' sound is super dirty just how I like it, The Seymour Duncan Hotrod pickups have a higher output (more dirt) and I was a few beverages deep when I recorded this so excuse the mistakes (they are there, you've noticed them and so did I... much shame on me)

https://vimeo.com/130066151

and to jog y'alls memory here's a link to the build diary from way back
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2731

Nickosaurus
08-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Sounds great mate. That RAT sounds like a fuzz almost. Is that a silver face Fender?

wokkaboy
08-06-2015, 03:33 PM
sounds unreal Mick, super fat sound,love it, well done and good to see you were lubricating !

zeromick
08-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Sounds great mate. That RAT sounds like a fuzz almost. Is that a silver face Fender?

cheers maaaaaaaate. The Rat does make the semi hollow body sound like its running through a fuzz pedal (this thing sounds like liquid sex with my big muff) and as for the amp... I spray painted the face silver so.... yes? hahaha

zeromick
08-06-2015, 03:35 PM
sounds unreal Mick, super fat sound,love it, well done and good to see you were lubricating !
I'm stoked on it hey! fat is exactly how I describe the sound on this guitar.

ALWAYS... lubricate :)

stan
08-06-2015, 06:19 PM
seriously cool demo, those hot rod pickups are awesome

ihasmario
09-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Seriously good demo... Sick guitar.

DrNomis_44
11-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Sounds nice and phat (sorry for using a 90's term), nothing wrong with your playing, at the start of the clip I thought I could hear a bit of a Robbie Krieger (guitarist who used to play in The Doors) influence there.....very cool.

rockmof
12-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Certainly sounds good,it is inspiring me to do a demo of "ASH", pulled it out the other day. Took me some time to work out what the switches do. I'll try to record one using my (still) camera, just not sure of the sound though.

Rick

zeromick
13-06-2015, 07:14 AM
at the start of the clip I thought I could hear a bit of a Robbie Krieger (guitarist who used to play in The Doors) influence there.....very cool.

well spotted! :)

kimball492
13-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice guitar Mick lots of umphhh. Too many people worry about mistakes, in truth it doesn't matter. You made the effort to upload it big thanks bro. Have you played her live yet, how's the feedback?

Even pros at concerts I've been to have made mistakes, but they just carry on regardless, just like nothing happened. After all, if they can't change their original, material who can?

zeromick
13-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Nice guitar Mick lots of umphhh. Too many people worry about mistakes, in truth it doesn't matter. You made the effort to upload it big thanks bro. Have you played her live yet, how's the feedback?

Even pros at concerts I've been to have made mistakes, but they just carry on regardless, just like nothing happened. After all, if they can't change their original, material who can?

cheers mate, she does go good :) played her live? I've never played anything live haha.

kimball492
14-06-2015, 03:47 AM
Lol I hear you