PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all at PBG

keloooe
27-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Hi guys, some of you may know that today is my birthday.
Recently I have been through some really tough times, and this morning I got something that really cheered me up and really reinforced my opinions on how many people (and who) actually care about me.

The experimental Tele that DB made, that came in the post on Monday but my dad said that it was one of those Ikea shelves that you build, I totally bought his plan. I saw a guitar case inside a box, so i thought it was a standard PBG case, but inside was the "Rat Rod"...

So I would love to say a massive thank you to DB, Wokka, Popeye, Miss Fi, Ads, Bones and anyone else who had a part in this gift. I don't see it as a "Here ya go Pest, have fun with another free kit", but as "Hey Pest, we all care about you, and this is to prove it!". When I thought about that this morning, a few tears came to my eyes... Even now as I write this in school, I can feel my eyes getting watery...

You all are awesome people who really do look out for me, and I can feel the sense of family all the time!

When I get home I will throw up more pics of what is now dubbed the "Frankenpester" as you will all find out later tonight!

Anyway, I'l be sure to talk about this in more depth and will provide images, but for now I gotta study for exams!!!

Cheers everyone,
Pest

andrewdosborne
27-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Hey Pest, have a very Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and enjoy the "Frankenpester". Hope it does not distract you too much from studying..

keloooe
27-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Cheers Andrew, nah it won't distract me too much...

pablopepper
27-05-2015, 08:43 AM
You lucky bugger! Happy birthday buddy, hope you have a rad day. Everyone just got a little (or a lot) jealous of you, looking forward to see what you can do with this beast. And I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that my birthday is just over a month away, lol. :)

wokkaboy
27-05-2015, 08:47 AM
awesome looking kit you got there Pest, big thanks to DB for preparing/supplying the kit/hardware and big thanks to Ads for supplying the case. Also thanks to Popeye (Wayne from 4D) for couriering the box across to Pest, and I will be paying for Dingotone kits once Pest works out what colour he wants. I also been messaging Pest's Dad to arrange the kit to not be seen by Pest and to present it on his birthday. Funny story is it arrived Monday and Pest saw the box so his Dad said it was Ikea shelving so it was still a surprise !
Happy Birthday Pest this should be a birthday you remember for a long time !
Also can't wait to see the kit built but concentrate on your study first !

dingobass
27-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Happy Birthday Pestybitz :)

Love your Dads style, Ikea shelving... Thats hilarious!

wokkaboy
27-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Pest's Dad sent me a couple of pics of him opening the case and checking out the kit for the first time !

Rabbitz
27-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Nice one, guys.

Happy Birthday young bloke.

keloooe
27-05-2015, 10:45 AM
You lucky bugger! Happy birthday buddy, hope you have a rad day. Everyone just got a little (or a lot) jealous of you, looking forward to see what you can do with this beast. And I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that my birthday is just over a month away, lol. :)
You wait Pabs, it will be quite cool!

awesome looking kit you got there Pest, big thanks to DB for preparing/supplying the kit/hardware and big thanks to Ads for supplying the case. Also thanks to Popeye (Wayne from 4D) for couriering the box across to Pest, and I will be paying for Dingotone kits once Pest works out what colour he wants. I also been messaging Pest's Dad to arrange the kit to not be seen by Pest and to present it on his birthday. Funny story is it arrived Monday and Pest saw the box so his Dad said it was Ikea shelving so it was still a surprise !
Happy Birthday Pest this should be a birthday you remember for a long time !
Also can't wait to see the kit built but concentrate on your study first !
Cheers Wokka, yeah I'll start the sanding process during exams, but right now I have a few plans in me head!

Happy Birthday Pestybitz :)

Love your Dads style, Ikea shelving... Thats hilarious!
Yeah DB, best cover up ever!

Pest's Dad sent me a couple of pics of him opening the case and checking out the kit for the first time !
Haha yeah brew, awesome pics of it!

Nice one, guys.

Happy Birthday young bloke.
Cheers Rabbitz!

Fretworn
27-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Happy Birthday & congratulations on the beast

dave.king1
27-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Happy birthday young fella ( really we are all young fellas aren't we ? :-) )

The pic holding the neck looks like he his working out which end of it to belt his old man with for holding out on him.

ps. This forum needs a like button form posts like Pestys first post in this thread

dingobass
27-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Looks like our Pesty almost had a trouser fail there :)

wokkaboy
27-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Looks like our Pesty almost had a trouser fail there :)

HAHA nice one DB, think you stole that quote from someone !

keloooe
27-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Cheers @Fretty and @Dave!
DB, nah they didnt fail but they weren't clean when I opened the case :D

dingobass
27-05-2015, 01:48 PM
HAHA nice one DB, think you stole that quote from someone !

Sure did, Woks...
Will send you the licence fee and royalty check later. :)

stan
27-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Hope it was a superb day, sounds like it was

wokkaboy
27-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Sure did, Woks...
Will send you the licence fee and royalty check later. :)

all good DB, I'll reimburse the cheque to DB man cave hours or an early release in the Naughty Warehouse bwhahahhaha
yer right says DB

had a message from Pest he's feeling sick and went home early from school. Get well Pest, might have to postpone your birthday dinner

WeirdBits
27-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Happy birthday Pest, an amazing present and a birthday to remember.

robin
27-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Happy Birthday Callum, hope you had a great day mate. And I hope that this may be the start of better times for you.

cheers
rob

GeneralKaos
27-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Happy Birthday, young feller!

gavinturner
27-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Happy birthday Callum you lucky bugger. Congrats to everyone who contributed to the special birthday surprise. I wish I could have been a part of / party to it! Looking forward to seeing the kit up close!

cheers,
Gav.

D.K
27-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Happy birthday Callum, have a great time with that new kit.

Matney
27-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Happy birthday Callum! Hope you have fun with your new project.

kimball492
27-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Happy Birthday Callum, The guitar looks fantastic a one and only . I'm sure you deserve something good in your life bro . I look forward to seeing what you do with it. And congratulations to the genuine generosity of people that but this together pat yourselves on the back and know it's appreciated guys. Callum I have a Crimson Guitars Fret Ending File ,it's more like a plane than a file your welcome to its a great tool once you get used to it.I'm fortunate I have two . Send me a pm with your address I'll post it to you .
Best Wishes
Kimball

adam
27-05-2015, 08:36 PM
I guess I'm late to this party but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Callum, hope you've had a fantastic day. That's awesome that the lads hooked up with your Dad to keep this a surprise, well done Wokka & Co.

I was lucky enough to see a few progress pics of DB's Tele build and was blown away... can't wait to see how it turns out. Watch out next time I'm in Melbourne, I might be paying you a visit.

Nickosaurus
27-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Happy birthday Pest. Lucky lad!

neverwas
27-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Happy Birthday Callum. Also, great job everyone involved in such a generous present.

Gavin1393
27-05-2015, 10:31 PM
yeah - happy birthday young man! dont stay up too late working through the grits...

keloooe
28-05-2015, 05:57 AM
Happy birthday Callum you lucky bugger. Congrats to everyone who contributed to the special birthday surprise. I wish I could have been a part of / party to it! Looking forward to seeing the kit up close!

cheers,
Gav.
Hey Gav, nah it's ok you didn't have input on the kit, but at least you can provide input on finishes and general tips!

Happy Birthday Callum, The guitar looks fantastic a one and only . I'm sure you deserve something good in your life bro . I look forward to seeing what you do with it. And congratulations to the genuine generosity of people that but this together pat yourselves on the back and know it's appreciated guys. Callum I have a Crimson Guitars Fret Ending File ,it's more like a plane than a file your welcome to its a great tool once you get used to it.I'm fortunate I have two . Send me a pm with your address I'll post it to you .
Best Wishes
Kimball
Aw cheers Kimball, will pm you probably later today!

I guess I'm late to this party but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Callum, hope you've had a fantastic day. That's awesome that the lads hooked up with your Dad to keep this a surprise, well done Wokka & Co.

I was lucky enough to see a few progress pics of DB's Tele build and was blown away... can't wait to see how it turns out. Watch out next time I'm in Melbourne, I might be paying you a visit.
Haha cheers Ads, good luck getting your sweaty paws on this! Although I *might* let you have a quick jam on it next time you are here.... But the question is.... Can I trust you enough???

Thank you all for the birthday messages, wasn't the best birthday ever as I was quite sick (still recovering from illness today), but at least I had something that cheered me up quite a lot and distracted me from thinking of the illness! It is currently the only present I have apart from some money from relatives, but this is seriously more than enough for a birthday present! Build diary will be up soon!

TC1600
01-06-2015, 06:31 PM
A belated happy birthday keloooe, what an awesome present! By the way, you happen to share your birthday with my son, must be a good date!

keloooe
01-06-2015, 06:47 PM
A belated happy birthday keloooe, what an awesome present! By the way, you happen to share your birthday with my son, must be a good date!

Haha yeah TC, must be an awesome date indeed! Also thanks for the messages!

DrNomis_44
02-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Hey Keloooe, I only just noticed this thread so sorry if I'm a bit late for this, anyway, hope you had a great birthday last year and I also hope that you have a great birthday this year too, I've got another one coming up in August this year as well.