PDA

View Full Version : g'day from wa

wikid of Oz
24-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone. I have been looking at kits for a long time and when I saw there was a local mob doing them and doing a great job at it my mind was set. I just placed an order for a Rca-4 kit and have been completely gobsmacked at the great builds on this site. I am completely new to kit building and guitars in general. I will be trawling through all the collected wisdom on this site until the kit turns up. So excited and I hope I can produce a good build

keloooe
24-05-2015, 10:00 PM
He wikid, welcome to the forum!
Good idea with the RCA-4, beautiful looking kit under any stain! Feel free to ask any questions, and as many as you so desire! Now the hardest part is waiting for the kit to arrive!

Doesn't matter of you go for a solid colour or use a stain, you want to sand the wood back to allow for the finish to come out as good as possible. One of The moderators dingobass always has the mantra of "sand, sand, sand and sand again. When you think you are done sanding, sand again! When your arms are tired, give it to your wife to sand!", always works well if you give it another half hour or so of sanding! I gave my Strat kit a whole week of just sanding and it came out beautifully!

Make sure to setup a build diary when you get the kit and we will guide you to build one awesome bass!

wokkaboy
25-05-2015, 08:58 AM
welcome Wikid, the ash RC kits are a fantastic looking bass. Start a build diary when it arrives and do a mock build.
Ask lots of questions as there are a few forum members who have built this model

Fretworn
25-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Welcome wikid