PDA

View Full Version : New cover

Nickosaurus
22-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Hi lads,

Just finished a new cover of one of my favourite Trivium songs. Check it out if you like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ZjW9scaC8&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately I couldn't record this one on my PBGs... I needed 22 frets!

wokkaboy
22-05-2015, 10:24 AM
sounds awesome Nicko, I'm puzzled the SG isn't plugged in, was this pre-recorded ? Is that a kill switch instead of a 2nd tone control ?
nice playing you are lucky enough to have long fingers for the long stretches required.
You do like high playing position !

Nickosaurus
22-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Yeah I recorded the video after so people can see the hand positions if they wanted to learn the song.

That's a split for the bridge humbucker. Gets a great delta blues sound when it's split and played with slide. I always play my bridge pups at full tone so I usually don't wire a tone pot to them.

And yes I am blessed with long fingers! I have my strap so high because I had wrist surgery on my left hand. I don't know if you could see in the video but there's two tendons that run across the ulnar head (the part that sticks out). One of them is my actual tendon and one is a wire to keep my wrist together! Lost a bit of flexibility after that so playing higher alleviates some of it.

Cheers for checking it out!

vh2580
22-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Nick nice playing
Up on my list of favs from Trivium .(torn between.. and caustic are the ties that bind being up top)

wokkaboy
22-05-2015, 11:57 AM
wow can see the bulge near your wrist. Thanks for explaining all that.
No problem love checking out other forumites playing axe on video !

keloooe
22-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Nice playing Nicko!

Nickosaurus
22-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Cheers!

Tony, once my 7 string is cured and assembled I'll be learning as much of Shogun as possible. Can't wait!

pablopepper
22-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Cool. Did you mod the SG?

Nickosaurus
22-05-2015, 04:24 PM
yeah mate. New tuners/bridge pup/split coil/knobs. This is my first 'real' guitar and I still love it