PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Finland

Arzi
18-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Hi all!

Just completed an order for RC-4 bass kit and waiting for it to arrive to Finland in the following weeks. My first build was a Thomann p-bass this spring and I got hooked on building my own instruments.

By the way - just started playing bass in february... :)

Initial thoughts on the RC-4 finish are some shape of red staining and tru oil until hi gloss finish. Any experiences on staining basswood - idea any good or should I think of some other type of finish? Did the p-bass with acrylic car paint and 2k car laquer sprays and would like something less smelly on this build.

Nice forum by the way.

Arzi

wokkaboy
18-05-2015, 02:07 PM
welcome Arzi, you must be the first forum member from Finland !
The RC-4 is a great kit. Red stain and tru oil sounds fine. When the kit arrives start abuild diary and do a mock build and we all like plenty of photos.
Lots of help on the forum so ask questions in your build diary and someone should be able to answer them.
The hard part is waiting for the kit to arrive
Take your time and good luck !

gavinturner
18-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Welcome Arzi! A great kit you've picked there and sounds like a great finish you have planned. Keep us up to date with all your progress!

cheers,
Gav.

Rabbitz
18-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Hi Arzi,

Welcome.

Are you anywhere near Kontiolahti? My wife and I really want to get there to see a Biathlon World Cup event. It looks like an amazing place.

Good luck with the RC-4!!!!

Arzi
18-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Hi and thank you for the warm welcome.

I live in Vantaa near the capital of Helsinki but will be spending the whole summer in Savonlinna about 150km from Kontiolahti. The build will be done in Savonlinna and I will try to post some pics along the process. It's really beatiful here in the summertime so welcome to Finland everyone. All four seasons and temp ranging from -30 to + 30 degrees celsius. Last summer water temp in the lakes was +27 celsius so bring your speedos along. :)

I chose the RC-4 because I couldn't find a similar kit anywhere else and I really like the design. The web is full with p, jazz, pj, and rock-style kits but this is exeptional. I already have a P and jazz so this is something else.

keloooe
18-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Hi Arzi, welcome to the forum! Good luck with the RC-4!

The only reason why I know of Helsinki is because of Muse's Helsinki Jam, which Chris Wolstenholme (the bassist for Muse) taught me when they were last here in Oz, sweet jam that every bass player should know! Maybe do it for the demo video :D

stan
18-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Welcome Arzi, there are some great RC4 builds here and I am sure that yours will join them!

Brendan
18-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Arzi - basswood can take red stains nicely - my first build was a PB-4 in red Wudtone that I'm stoked with. Best of luck with the RC-4.

Fretworn
19-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Welcome Arzi!

GeneralKaos
20-05-2015, 07:25 AM
Always nice to have more low enders, Welcome, friend!!