PDA

View Full Version : Swirling Advice

keloooe
15-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,
I want to start building and selling pedals (one day) and I want to use a swirl finish on all of them, to give them all a personal look and make them all unique. Any ideas on how to do this effectively and not spend a whole lot of money or waste a whole lot of paint in the process?

Cheers guys,
Callum

Brendan
15-05-2015, 07:13 PM
If you are just swirling pedals, you shouldn't need much paint at all. You should be able to do it on a much smaller scale than guitars and need much smaller gear. Only need enough water to make sure that the pedal can be totally submerged and not hit the bottom - width wise, same sort of deal I should think. That said, if you are looking to sell them one day, I wouldn't try to save money on the finish by scrimping on paint...

stan
15-05-2015, 07:33 PM
you could use a simple bucket set up. Do a range of like pedals in the same paint - so same colours, but different patterns - e.g. do all distortion pedals one day, and A/B switches or what ever the next...

keloooe
15-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. So how much paint and also what paint type would you recommend? Also how much borax appox.?

Stan, yeah the idea was to have certain colours as certain models, for instance a dirt pedal could be like orange and black, but a TS-8089 clone could be something completely different! Also thinking of hand-writing the front of the pedal too, if it all goes well it would look really cool!