PDA

View Full Version : The Backbone could this change your guitars tone

kimball492
14-05-2015, 11:12 PM
http://m.musicradar.com/news/guitars/could-this-bolt-on-transform-your-guitars-tone-621278

keloooe
15-05-2015, 05:54 AM
Nah, I like the tone I have already, plus if I need sustain I'll just get a Big Muff and crank that sucker!
Very cool idea though!

kimball492
15-05-2015, 09:40 AM
My fav guitars are the ones that vibrate from tip of headstock right through the body acoustically,You can play 10 or more guitars all the same brand ,same model each one vibrates differently .These guitars normally get snapped up before making it to the shops. But some slip through .Think about it the guy building them will say omg , this one just shakes. So he buys it it then passes to the shop The guys who work in the shop they hear and feel that special guitar snap it up . We are last In the food chain lol.
In truth out of all the guitars I have 6-7 are my go to's. My fender Strat, Telecaster, Fender Precion Bass , Ibanez Bass,Cole Clark Acoustic.Agile Les Paul.

keloooe
15-05-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm with you on the vibrations KB, I like to "feel" the notes rather than hear them, hence why when I play on stage I always use earbuds!
My go-to guitars are just my ST-1 kit and my Epi DR-200S, beautiful guitars to looks at, awesome tone, and they vibrate very well!

I get VERY picky (like, so picky it's not funny) when I decide if a guitar is worthy of my arsenal, and these guitars suit the bill nicely!

kimball492
15-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Hey Kels It's like if someone said choose between the Strat and Tele .I couldn't ,mmmm maybe I could sentimentally as my good
lady bought me the Tele. The same goes for the precision and Ibanez bass both totally different animals love em both.

keloooe
15-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Yeah well when I get my LP Junior and LP-1 back into action I know they will both be a part of my arsenal, awesome guitars to play, sad to see them hiding in the cupboard and garage....

kimball492
15-05-2015, 10:18 AM
In truth I think the Backbone could be made by some of the clever guys on this Forum.

keloooe
15-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Yeah some guys here have the machinery to make these

stan
15-05-2015, 07:35 PM
sorry, dont like the look of it, and think it's snake oil in diguise...