PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

jtsargeant
08-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Some very nice looking guitars on this site. I'm hoping in the next couple of months I'll be starting an SG or EX build. In the meantime I thought I'd share an image of what I think was once an Ibanez SG copy. Someone had some fun with this. Now its my turn. I'm hoping to fill in the mother of all pickup cavities.

keloooe
09-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Hi jtseargent, welcome to the forum! If you want a triple pickup SG, email Dingobass at dingobass@pitbullguitars.com and he can sort your out for a bit more cash! Unless you want a full face pick guard, there isn't really a reason to rout out that much wood!

gavinturner
09-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Welcome! Looking forward to your build.

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
09-05-2015, 12:21 PM
welcome Jtsargeant,
cool looking SG, you just going to mount the pickups on a pickguard ? triple buckers would look pretty mean !

jtsargeant
09-05-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm currently planning to cap the hole flush with the top of the guitar, rather than attempting to fill it (I change my mind on that weekly). I've got two Lace Deathbuckers to drop in it. It originally had a flat neck so I think I'll have a go at putting some angle on it.

andrewdosborne
09-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Jtsargeant. Interesting SG type body you have there. I like the carving on the body contours & that's one large cavity to work with! Neck also looks neatly bound.

Looking forward to seeing your build progress., cheers.

stan
10-05-2015, 08:08 AM
welcome sarg! looks like it will be a rock beast when it is done