PDA

View Full Version : My 2,000th Post!

keloooe
08-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Nearly two and a half years in the making and I finally hit Overlord status!

Might as well make this once special!

I came to PBG back in Janurary 2013 with only 7 kits in the store. This site had the best deals in Australia and wicked fast email responses from Adam. The past two years I have learned so much about guitars, amps and pedals I could write an entire encyclopedia about it, and I still have more to learn!

Building my two kits have been absolutely amazing. I started out knowing absolutely nothing about guitars, but with over 20 pages of help from other members, I managed to build my first kit, which at the end was an awesome feeling even though the guitar did not turn out as expected. After building my second kit which had only a few small mistakes, it was even better to have finished these guitars. Even better was building them at 15 and 16yo respectively!

I have never found a business like this before. I have watche the catalogue grow from 7 kits all the way to over 90 kits, pickups, hardware upgrades, body and neck blanks, finishes, electronics and more! I saw the forum grow at a massive rate, from only having a few regular members to now having so many topics going on at once I sometimes miss a few!

The forum here is absolutely amazing. Out of all the forums I am a member of, this one is the only one where we all treat each other like a massive family, even the international members! I have made many mates through this forum, and many more to come.

My playing and general perspective of the guitar has changed so much recently that I have a small notebook full of random guitar related drawings and designs, most of which I will eventually build. This site has given me the knowledge and understanding of how this wonderful instrument works and introduced me to so much more than I would have if I didn't find this very site.

All I want to say right now is thank you to everyone. You all feel like an extended family to me, and the journey that I am going on with these kits is so much fun I'll never stop! The last 2 years have been awesome for me, and whether you know it or not, when I am feeling down, I jump on the forum and it always cheers me up! Again, I would like to thank you all for this amazing experience and I'll stay with this business as long as I possibly can! I never expected this site to end up so popular, I think Adam can say the same too! This thread is getting a bit long now and I feel a bit emotional... Time for some rest I think!

Cheers,
Pest.

Nickosaurus
08-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Nice one mate :)

keloooe
08-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Cheers Nicko, I alway have a bit of a giggle when I see your avatar mate!

dingobass
08-05-2015, 10:28 PM
WOO HOO!
A massive congrats Pestybitz!

From the 4D Experience featuring Dingobass.

dingobass
08-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Yhep... Dingobass at a Four D Friday......

adam
09-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Hey Pest, nice sentiments mate. You're a big part of our success and our extended family.

keloooe
09-05-2015, 07:43 AM
@DB yeah Woks told me you would be there! Wen I get my arse down to Perth we gotta join the boys for a FDF!
@Ads cheers Adam, you have given great care to ensure this business has grown like it has, cant really thank you enough! I'll definitely make time to catch up with you as well when I go to Perth one day! I even found the first email I sent you about the pots in the kits haha!

Gavin1393
09-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Well done Pest! And if it wasn't for the forum you would never have become the "Pest!".

Lovely sentiments and glad you started the trend and gave proof that a fresh young teenager was capable of building and finishing a kit guitar, even if the paint kept disappearing!

Gav

keloooe
09-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Well done Pest! And if it wasn't for the forum you would never have become the "Pest!".

Lovely sentiments and glad you started the trend and gave proof that a fresh young teenager was capable of building and finishing a kit guitar, even if the paint kept disappearing!

Gav

Hahahah Cheers Gav, good to see you back on the forum! Yeah no Pest without PBG!
I still can't believe I built a guitar from a pile of wood, metal and plastic that came in a cardboard box with no experience! The paint was just used as my drink, it didn't disappear :D

gavinturner
09-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Congrats dude. I just scraped in ahead of you ;). We'll call it a draw.

cheers,
Gav.

keloooe
09-05-2015, 10:35 AM
T'was close Gav, might as well call it a draw, we hit Overlord on the same day! I was going to leave the last few posts for today but I jumped on the forum and hit those last ones out fast!

wokkaboy
09-05-2015, 12:07 PM
well done Pest on 2000 posts and Overlord status, feels pretty special only 3 forumites lucky enough to be in the Overlord team.
Stick at it fellas, keep building and you will reach GAStronomist one day. Been fun being your axe coach bro

wokkaboy
09-05-2015, 12:12 PM
oh and congratulations Gav on Overlord status, you are too generous calling it a draw with Pest !

use the force of Overlord fellas and guide the forum to better builds !

keloooe
09-05-2015, 06:59 PM
oh and congratulations Gav on Overlord status, you are too generous calling it a draw with Pest !

use the force of Overlord fellas and guide the forum to better builds !

Nah its fair to call it a draw, got really close in the end! Yeah the Overlord force will be used to make many builds better! Gotta keep the bar raised somehow!

stan
10-05-2015, 07:44 AM
congrats on two things Pest:
1. Overlord status
2. Producing one of the most considered posts onto the forum about why we love it so much, nicely said

Congrats too Gav! and now there are three...

keloooe
10-05-2015, 09:44 AM
congrats on two things Pest:
1. Overlord status
2. Producing one of the most considered posts onto the forum about why we love it so much, nicely said

Congrats too Gav! and now there are three...
Cheers Stan, now to sit back and relax on the new seats and enjoy the new TV in The Overlord Lounge! Is Wokka able to join?

stan
10-05-2015, 09:46 AM
yes i think it should be backwards compatible with GAStronomists...