PDA

View Full Version : Another welshman says hello!

Spiteface
16-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Hello everyone, thought now would be a good time to register here (joining this forum was recommended to me after I commented on someone's demo of a pitbull kit on YouTube). I saw the other guy from "Old" South Wales' introduction, so I'm more than happy to be the second one!

I ordered the MKA-2 kit (www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-mka-2-electric-guitar-kit-ash/) and after paying the customs fees etc, it arrived yesterday! I'd been wanting to get a Johnny Ramone-style guitar for a while, and even factoring the customs fees getting it here from Australia, and the few other bits and pieces I'm going to need to get (more on that later), this is still going to work out cheaper, and I get to do something I'd been considering for a while, so hopefully, when I have completed my build, it will be much more satisfying than if I'd just spent 3 times as much on the other options I had. I plan to start my build diary soonish, and get underway with it whenever I get time and space to make a start!

robin
16-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Welcome Spiteface and G'day.

Glad to here that your kit has arrived, I hope you enjoy the build. Please do start a build diary, we all love to see the progress of the builds. Ask any questions you have, there is a wealth of knowledge here and there will always be someone to help if you need it.

Building your first guitar is exciting and incredibly satisfying, so have fun.

Cheers mate
rob

Fretworn
16-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Welcome Spiteface!

Brendan
16-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Welcome along - feel free to ask any questions you've got - plenty of help here.

stan
16-04-2015, 08:48 PM
welcome and enjoy!!!

gavinturner
17-04-2015, 07:56 AM
G'day Spitey and welcome! I hope you have as much fun making and playing your MKA-2 as I am having with mine! Great to have another Ramones inspired build on the forum. Can't wait to see what you do with the kit. I'm sure you'll be stoked with the results!

cheers,
Gav. (youtube = Fires Creek Guitars :) )

Spiteface
20-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Thanks! I believe you were the one who made me get this in the first place, Gav! I came across the demo of your MK-2 on youtube and asked a bunch of questions!

I hope to start soonish, but work, time, space etc means I couldn't start right away as I'd like. Given what I have in mind, I could do it in a couple of weeks, when I'd have a long weekend (Bank Holiday). If can at least do a mock build to make sure it all fits, before I get deeper into things, I'll be happy. I'll try and start a build diary before that, just to outline what I'm planning though.

wokkaboy
21-04-2015, 09:12 AM
good one Spiteface, look forward to your build diary and photos of the kit you scored. Usually the ash grains are nice and begging to be stained !