PDA

View Full Version : RC-1 and RC-1M

adam
12-04-2015, 12:34 PM
We received a good quantity of RC-1 kits on the last shipment and I also got one RC-1M (Mahogany body and neck) for a customer, but he cancelled his order.

Anyhoo, this time, they seem to have used a lot of filler in the tail section, where the body timber slopes up to meet the veneer.

I've conferred with DB and he says, without testing, he doesn't know if Dingotone will take to the filler. He suspects it won't.

There's no problem if you're wanting a solid finish, but if you're going for a stain, you might have to consider a solid finish for that tail section. Or, bearing in mind that the trapeze tailpiece sits right over this section, it may not be noticeable at all if you do stain that section.

Here's a photo of the filler.

This is the basswood RC-1, but the Mahogany RC-1M is the same.

As these are definitely not perfect, I have discounted them quite heavily. So, if you're into this model and can work around this patch of filler, there's plenty of RC-1 kits available but one only RC-1M.

RC-1 (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-rc-1-electric-guitar-kit/) was $229, now $179 and the RC-1M was $249 now $199.