PDA

View Full Version : Confused!

Jeff
11-04-2015, 10:13 AM
I've seen mentioned on this site and others, as well as pics, on the direction of the adjustment screws on the bridge. Sometimes it says face the screws towards the pick-up, other times towards the rear of the guitar. Just watched the video on setting intonation and its mentioned if facing towards on the pickup side, that the bridge is the wrong way 'round. Wouldn't have thought it would make a difference in the setting of intonation, apart for the ease of adjustment of the saddles.
The guitar in question is an ES335 copy if that effects the answer.
Please some one, end my confusion...........Jeff

dingobass
11-04-2015, 10:57 AM
I usually just take the saddles out and spin them around.
Problem solved :)

Nickosaurus
11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Yeah flipping sadles is handy for getting a little bit more fore/aft

kells80aus
11-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Pfffttt I prefer to use roller bridges. Allen key from the top then tap into position.

But with Tune-O-matics I prefer the screws at the front. so I can easily get a long shfted screw driver in.

PK

dingobass
11-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm..... Roller bridges..... Love 'em :)

keloooe
11-04-2015, 06:52 PM
I do as DB said, flip the saddles!

kells80aus
11-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Ok, Jeff, after a couple of inconclusive answers, the concensus has to be do what you feel comfortable with.
It matters little which way the screws are pointed. what matters is that they point in a direction you are comfortable with. if you like them facing the back then do it that way. The end result is that you are able to adjust the thing so the guitar is intonated to a standard you are happy with.

PK

keloooe
11-04-2015, 08:18 PM
The best way to double check that the saddles are in the right position is look at the slots. The bigger slots are for the thicker strings, it is a very obvious way to check