PDA

View Full Version : New JR-1M Kits

adam
06-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Hey, we received a quantity of Double Cut JR kits in the last shipment, but they are not what we ordered.

We wanted the basswood, bolt-on neck kits that we had received before.

Somewhere along the way, communication channels were crossed and we received Mahogany body (and neck) kits, with an intriguing neck pocket. See pic:

Thinking these were "bolt-on" necks, we assumed the factory had made a mistake and not left enough "meat" in the pocket for a bolt-on neck.

I asked Dingobass what he thought and, yes, he confirmed they really messed up.

I went back to the factory and they assured us that these were, in fact, set neck JR kits.

Even as a set neck, it doesn't quite look right to me, but I have to defer to the factory on this, as they do make a sh*tload of guitars for the European market.

What I propose is this; if one of you guys want to try one out (who doesn't want a double cut Junior in their collection?), I will sell one to you at half the RRP (they're $189, so that would be just $94.50 delivered).

The only condition on this bargain sale is that you give us a "warts and all" report on how it turns out. That is, how is the neck pocket, does the neck sit well, is there any movement, etc...

If you want to take us up on this one, reply here or send me a PM or email and I'll send you a PayPal invoice for $94.50.

Nickosaurus
06-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Would love to have a crack but alas... no dosh. Keen to see the progress on whoever buys one these - looks like it'll be an interesting repair.

dave.king1
06-04-2015, 07:17 PM
I'd love to do this one but the finance manager has discovered the size of the herd and I am both too old and have no wish to audition for the Vienna Boys Choir.

The lead player in my band back around 1970 swapped his Strat for a Junior and the tone straight into a 150W Lennard was incredible

WeirdBits
06-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Noooooooooooo... damn it, I'm in. PM sent.

keloooe
06-04-2015, 07:41 PM
If I had a spare $100 I'd be all in, would be very interesting to find a use for that neck pocket....

Gavin1393
06-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Ah! Scotty - ya beat me to it!

adam
06-04-2015, 07:53 PM
And.... gone... all yours Weirdy, PayPal invoice coming your way.

Look forward to seeing the results.

dingobass
06-04-2015, 08:17 PM
I'd love to do this one but the finance manager has discovered the size of the herd and I am both too old and have no wish to audition for the Vienna Boys Choir.

WAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Thats the funniest thing I have read for ages :)

kells80aus
07-04-2015, 05:11 AM
Hi Adam

this is the same as the DC set neck kit I got last year(Gypsy). The only issue I had was they haddn't sanded the rake on the neck angle. so builders will need to take care to check the heel angles, and sand where needed.

PK

adam
12-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Hey PK, thanks, that is reassuring, it just didn't look right to me or DB.

The factory says it's correct and we've been selling them like that and nobody has said anything...

I'm happy to sell them as is.

WeirdBits
12-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Adam, my kit should arrive on Mon/Tues so I'll check it out asap and get you some feedback on this current batch. Do you want one of my excruciatingly detailed emails or just the usual build diary?

adam
12-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Haha, just the build diary mate, thanks. I get so many emails, there is no way I could devote the time worthy of one of your painstakingly detailed product reviews.

kells80aus
13-04-2015, 04:47 AM
No Probs Adz.

PK