PDA

View Full Version : Hi New To Pitbull

Laz101
06-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Hi Everyone I'm Laz I have a few questions I hope you can please help me with. I read a few posts and have a few questions if Pitbull could help.
I'm interested in a few of the kits and as a beginner have read some things. I need to ask questions as sometimes I see that wrong angles are cut for the neck joins, sometimes the necks or bridge have to be altered. Also that tuner holes are not drilled symmetrically and are filled and redrilled. My questions are this: is feedback sent to the makers of the kits and are the kits then updated correctly? Or are instructions regarding these points put in the kits for the builder? Because as you can appreciate, a total beginner would not know any of these problems existed without reading every available post on every kit that I would build. I see a lot of useful information which is great, thank you. I feel I need to ask these questions as I don't want to mess up my first guitar!

Thanks Laz101

stan
06-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Welcome Laz, some great questions.

Adam is in close contact with the suppliers, and is well aware of our issues, I can only assume he passes this all along.

Get plenty of feedback as you do your first build, you will be fine and get plenty of help and advice

dingobass
06-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Yep, Adam is very quick to inform our supplier of any issues.
Having said that, out of the two thousandish kits sold there has only been about a dozen that were a bit skewiff so you should be OK :)

Having said that, as soon as you get your kit, do a dry build and triple check everything. That way if you find something that looks a bit funky we can usually sort it out before it is too late.

Also start a build diary, many a problem has been spotted by our eagle eyed members and a workaround has always been found.

Fretworn
07-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Welcome Laz101. While there are a few people here who started with lots of woodworking experience etc. Many of us had little or no experience. Use the collective intelligence amassed here and remember there are no stupid questions and you should be able to get past the small hurdles that any build will throw your way.

wokkaboy
07-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Hi Laz,
welcome to the forum and as others have said if there are any small issues with the kit you decide to buy there is usually a workaround or if need be any fautly parts can be replaced, so choose a kit you like, start a build diary and start the build.
There is plenty of knowledge on the forum to help/guide you through the build so take the plunge and order a kit !
Warning it's a tad addictive !

gavinturner
08-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Welcome Laz!

No matter which kit you choose, you will get all the help and support you need right here. A great bunch of supportive folks, with a hard working, and more importantly ethical company behind them. You wont be dissapointed, and it wont be your last.

cheers,
Gav.