PDA

View Full Version : New Judge

adam
03-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Folks, I wanted to formally welcome Jarrod to the GOTM Judging Panel.

Jarrod, who has been a serial winner of our Guitar of the Month competition, has formally excused himself from entering future GOTM competitions. His guitar company, JMC, is really making a name for itself and he has already sold quite a few guitars. Anyone who has seen his "Nebular" can't help but be impressed with the work he's doing.

We felt it was fair that our Guitar of the Month Competition should only be open to amateur and hobby builders, otherwise it would be unfair on a first time builder. There are no prizes in this competition, only the thrill of competing against other amateur builders and maybe, if your guitar hits the right notes with the judges, gracing the PBG Home Page for a month (plus a bit of Facebook fame!).

So, if you are selling your finished guitars for profit*, then please do not enter this competition.

"Making guitars for your family or friends, or auctioning some guitars for charity, does not disqualify you.

Thanks for your understanding.

keloooe
03-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Yeah Ads, seems reasonable to have the rules set out, at least Jarrod still has his own input in the comp!

dingobass
03-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Welcome to our nightmare J-rod :)
I have access to cut price tickets to the Maldives if you want to escape and be uncontactable.....

Just kidding folks, although it can be really hard to pick a winner, seeing the hard work, love and attention each of you put into your builds makes this old Luthier very happy :)

wokkaboy
03-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the judging panel Jrod. You will now curse the start of every month haha. Nah its a tough gig but sure you will enjoy it

stan
04-04-2015, 06:16 AM
A worthy judge, great choice, and glad to hear JMC is doing well.

Gavin1393
06-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the Crew J-Man!

dingobass
06-04-2015, 03:03 PM
The Gavmiester returns! :)

jarrod
07-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Thanks guys, Im looking forward to it, I just pulled into Darwin harbour so im ready to start next month. Due to the ever increasing quality in guitar of the month im really looking forward to looking at these marvells with a keener eye.

wokkaboy
07-04-2015, 10:31 AM
yeah can't believe the Gavmiester is alive, been weeks since he last posted !