PDA

View Full Version : New 7 String Guitars

adam
21-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Folks, you may notice that we have some new 7 String Finished Guitars on the site. I purchased these last year after seeing a huge gap in the market for reasonably priced 7 String Electric Guitars.

At $289 to $349, these are a great entry level 7 string.

And, as you can see from the photos, they look sensational; our factory really knows how to do a nitro finish.

We've got Ash and Mahogany guitars in IB, IC and EX styles, in a choice of finishes.

I don't expect these will appeal to you guitar builders, but they do represent a growth area for the Pit Bull Guitars brand.

Rest assured, quality, affordable guitar kits will always be our primary concern.

Brendan
21-03-2015, 08:49 PM
I helped Ads out with some of the photos - he's not kidding about the finishes - very high gloss!!! Apart from the matte black...

adam
21-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Yes, a BIG thanks to Brendan who turned a huge, daunting task into an absolute cakewalk. Thanks BP! You are awesome!

Brendan
21-03-2015, 08:56 PM
No worries - good to see the new axes up close - way too many strings for me - still can't djent!

kimball492
21-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Yeah Adam ,they look great for the 7 string Aficionados . Get some 6 strings in would be lovely.

wokkaboy
22-03-2015, 12:48 AM
they look pretty good the pics. The colours are nice and the gloss finish looks great. Good yardstick to building one of these kits

stan
22-03-2015, 07:16 AM
they look unreal! That red EX !

Brendan
22-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Stan - the grain is really visible on these. They've done a half decent job on finishing them. Ads' favourite was the purple EX - it did come out nice. Bear in mind that these are all decent wood - ash or 'hog. The ash axes are heavy, the 'hog heaps lighter. Not sure what the setup is like, but for $300, they look like a great deal.

vh2580
22-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Gota say tempted by the DB hated IC and an ex as well just for the finished bodies at that price. Coupla upgrades and you would have a nice looking and sounding rig. Well picked Adam as far as Sevens there is nothing in the market for ex under $1000 and then plain color and definitely nothing in IC. Love a heavy guitar too.

andrewdosborne
22-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Like the look of the tobacco burst. 7 strings, geeze my head has only figured out 6 strings!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

adam
22-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Gota say tempted by the DB hated IC and an ex as well just for the finished bodies at that price. Coupla upgrades and you would have a nice looking and sounding rig. Well picked Adam as far as Sevens there is nothing in the market for ex under $1000 and then plain color and definitely nothing in IC. Love a heavy guitar too.

I'd have to admit, the pickups are the weak link, they sound pretty average. Throw some Entwistle Dark Star 7's in there and you're laughing (and still well under $500 for a 7 string).

keloooe
22-03-2015, 08:31 PM
I agree with Tony, the red IC with some Ernwistles.........

pablopepper
23-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet...
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IBG-7ABB-01.jpg
Yowza.

Is there going to be a six string range like this? Pretty damn cool.

forthoseofus
05-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But has anyone played these yet. I'm interested in one of the mahogany ICs but am would like to know how the necks feel? Quality fret job? Tuners? Is it worth it for a first 7.
Comes to just under $500 with entwhistle pickups and a case.
Will the standard case fit? Or is the the extra large case necessary?

Sorry for the stream of thought questions. Just looking for an amazing Christmas present for myself. I may have caught GAS.