PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Wagga Wagga

GerryVooDoo
16-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a 22 year old storeman here in Wagga, I've been playing instruments since I was very young and picked up guitar about 7 years ago, I've always loved tinkering and using my hands, so when I found pit bull guitars I jump at the opportunity. This is my first ever build, the start of many.

pablopepper
16-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Ooh, that is fine. Is the the 'Coronado' kit? First one I've seen finished and it looks ace. Well done. This would go well in the Guitar of the month comp.

stan
16-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Welcome Gerry, that's a nice build, like Pabs said: GOTM entry , mate!

andrewdosborne
16-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Gerry, welcome and good work!

Fretworn
16-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Welcome Gerry

Ricardo
16-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Hi Gerry,
That kit looks great, I have one of these sitting in the box until I finish my strat. seeing yours I can't wait to get started now. How does it play?

wokkaboy
16-03-2015, 06:13 PM
welcome Gerry, excellent looking build, as others have asked is it a Coronado kit ? You haven't wasted any time as they haven't been available that long. Keen to hear of any upgrades and how it plays/sounds ?

gavinturner
16-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Looks great Gerry! Fantastic job on the build. Any chance of a sound demo?

cheers,
Gav.

Gregted
17-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Welcome Gerry and nice work. It's gotta feel great playing and showing off something beautiful you built yourself. Ditto for the sound test.

oli4vd
17-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Wagga Wagga... I love Australia!
Nobody happens to be looking for an IT project manager down under, by any chance? :-)

Brendan
17-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Wagga Wagga... I love Australia!
Nobody happens to be looking for an IT project manager down under, by any chance? :-)

Missed the boat by about 3 years. A couple of years back you couldn't get a decent IT PM for love nor money. Now with mining going into a quiet period, there's not so much work around.

Gerry - do love the look of that guitar - love the red! Make sure you enter it into the GOTM! http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=3609

GerryVooDoo
06-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Please forgive the late reply, I'm sti getting the hang of the forum.
Yeah it is the Coronado kit, I saw it pop up on Facebook back when they were advertised and jumped on it. I'm not a big fan of the original Coronado shape myself, but I am a fan of the Trini Lopez style of the guitar, which caught my eye.
It sounds very nice on a clean channel, but throw a touch of drive and it really comes to life. Distortion however sounds muddy and uninteresting. (If that makes any sense)
Being a semi-hollow body it has enough volume and resonance that if I don't want to hook up to an amp, I can just noodle away on the couch at a comfortable volume (that doesn't annoy the Mrs).
Thanks very much to everyone's amazing responses, I missed the GOTM, but I was able to get my second kit ( IB-7 in "Xenoplasm burst) up on time.
Cheers

keloooe
06-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Gerry, you can still enter your Coronado in on a different month or enter it this month if there is less than 6 entries!
Welcome to the forum too!