PDA

View Full Version : Neck Colours

Patto
14-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what the Bloodwood and Acacia neck finishes look like? I'm planning my next build (Scored a 'Coronado' in the summer sale) and trying to pick some colours.

On an (mostly) unrelated note, I've been doing Google image searches to get colour ideas and amongst the Gibsons and Fenders and so on, I'm starting to see some guitars pop up that I know were built by forum members. That's pretty cool.

Finally, I was just wondering if there will be more pics getting posted on the Dingotone page in the PB shop. Kinda hard to tell with some of them what the finished result will look like once gloss coats are on. As a suggestion, maybe it would be cool to offer DT kits as GOTM prize so that we start seeing more DT in the build diary/GOTM/Gallery. I'm sure I'm not the only one nervous about having a punt on a colour they're not sure about, having some examples to check out should make the decision easier.

Cheers,
Patto

dingobass
14-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Dont know why the colours havent been posted yet. I gave Adam a neck with them on.. hint hint :)

Anyhooo, Acacia is a classic vintage yellow and the Bloodwood is a dark amber...

Patto
14-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Cheers DB. I've been leaning towards a dark amber for a body finish, what would be the chances of getting Bloodwood or something similar as a custom body kit? looking at something like this https://reverb.com/item/75636-blue-frog-made-in-the-usa-335-style-flametop-2014-vintage-amber (the link may be hit and miss, I believe the guitar has been sold) failing that I'm toying with Outback Sunset in combo with a brown undercoat to pop the grain or Karajini red. Sigh, decisions decisions...

dingobass
14-03-2015, 08:33 PM
No worries with a dark amber custom colour.
If you wanted to pop the grain under the Outback, I can whip up a custom kit for that as well.

Sounds to me like you might just have to build a few kits to satisfy your developing GAS :)

keloooe
14-03-2015, 08:37 PM
DB is correct about building multiple kits, look at Wokkaboy, he has built an immense amount of kits and he still has more to go!

Patto
14-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Haha tell me about it. Just when I think I've got the GAS under control Adam goes and spoils it by posting pictures of the new Starcaster kit.

dingobass
14-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Sorry to say this Patto but GAS is incurable.....

Patto
15-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Incurable? My! why isn't something being done? Why hasn't Geldoff organised GAS-Aid? We need to raise money for this terrible affliction... then spend it on guitars.