PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name is Oli

oli4vd
26-02-2015, 08:35 PM
This is Oli. A full dirty 33 years old.
I live in Belgium in a tiny village east of Brussels. Lots o' cows, farmland and weird people, but a great place to raise kids.

I pretend to be a freelance business consultant by day, I definitely am a father of two by night and weekends and I'm an enthusiastic guitarist when the missus allows it.
I own a crapload of guitars. Honestly. Mostly cheap stuff like epiphones, staggs or others I bought because they looked good, sounded great or just to mod them.
I have one true goddess, a 1965 Gibson ES335 that cost me an arm, a leg and good row with the Belgian tax authorities since I used their cut of my profits to finance the guitar. Needless to say, they were not happy. I keep it in a safe in my office. It cost me too much to have it smashed to the ground by my very curious 2-year old.

So I decided to start building. Out of interest, to see if I can pull it off, but partly out of vanity as well, just to have my name on the headstock, so I can brag about it.

Brendan
26-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Welcome along - keen to see how your build(s) go!

kimball492
26-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Yeah Hi Oli , welcome to the forums enjoy your stay.
Kimball

wokkaboy
27-02-2015, 08:16 AM
welcome Oli, look forward to seeing your build progress. Can you please post some pics of your 1965 ES335 ? Bet it plays and sounds as good as it looks !!
I'd love to visit Belgium but am a huge fan of the quadruple and sour/gueze beers brewed in Belgium. What are your favourite beers ?
I've tried the Westvleteren range(Westy 12 cost about $50 for a 330ml bottle to import here !), St Bernardus, Rochefort range and many sour/gueze beers brewed by monks in your region.
Best of luck with the build and ask lots of questions. I'll check out your build diary

stan
27-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Welcome OLI !! We need to see the 335 please!

Fretworn
27-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Welcome Oli. Glad the taxman didn't confiscate your Gibson.