PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Meet Up

adam
23-02-2015, 11:01 AM
The good folks at GH Music (formerly Billy Hydes) in Flemington are more than happy to host a Build Your Own Guitar Forum members meet up.

Thursday 5th of March, from 6pm - 9pm
GH Music
100 Mt. Alexander Road, Flemington.

So, if you're in Melbourne and can get along to GH Music, then please come and say hi. I'll bring some giveaways and there'll be some food and drinks.

We can checkout the goodies at GH Music and talk about some more kit (and other) ideas for Pit Bull Guitars.

Look forward to meeting you if you can make it.

wokkaboy
23-02-2015, 11:11 AM
sounds good Ads, hopefully a few of the Melbourne forumites can make it, sounds like a fun night

keloooe
25-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Highly doubt I can make it due to dad's shoulder injury.... But there is a very slim chance I can make it though!

adam
01-03-2015, 05:26 AM
Ok, there doesn't seem to be much of a response to the meet up at GH Music on Thursday. I'll be there anyway, to catch of with Les, but if anyone does want to come along and say g'day, please post here or send me a message so I can bring some goodies with me.

stan
01-03-2015, 05:52 AM
would love to be there and meet you guys, but I'm working. I'll try and do a shift swap and see how we go...
Have a great night

kells80aus
01-03-2015, 06:53 AM
I'm planning on being there.
Trying to bring it to AJ's attention aswell.

PK

AJ
01-03-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm planning on being there.
Trying to bring it to AJ's attention aswell.

PK
mmm, is my 38th wedding anniversary, just asked the missus if she'd mind if I wandered along... you driving in Paul? If so can I bludge a lift?

AJ
01-03-2015, 08:30 AM
The good folks at GH Music (formerly Billy Hydes) in Flemington are more than happy to host a Build Your Own Guitar Forum members meet up.

Thursday 5th of March, from 6pm - 9pm
GH Music
100 Mt. Alexander Road, Flemington.

So, if you're in Melbourne and can get along to GH Music, then please come and say hi. I'll bring some giveaways and there'll be some food and drinks.

We can checkout the goodies at GH Music and talk about some more kit (and other) ideas for Pit Bull Guitars.

Look forward to meeting you if you can make it.

Billy hydes.. guess I don't need to remember the disabled sticker for the car, a couple bits of dowel around the same size as drum sticks will do that same.... (evil grin)..
I didn't say that now did I? lol

stan
01-03-2015, 03:48 PM
sorry, cant make it, have a great night guys, would have been fun to meet you

kells80aus
01-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Maybe Adz will bring you a new PBG T-Shirt as a special gift for being a long time suporter. ;)

PK

ScoopD
02-03-2015, 02:03 PM
I've squared it away with the missus. I will be there. Will be good to meet at least a couple of the people on this forum.

AJ
02-03-2015, 05:33 PM
the missus is seriously thinking she may come along with me also... (One thinks she may have an ulterior motive.. such a keeping tabs on my spending :0)

Will be great to meet up with some of the forum guys and also meet the Boss - Adam in person.

andrewdosborne
02-03-2015, 05:50 PM
the missus is seriously thinking she may come along with me also... (One thinks she may have an ulterior motive.. such a keeping tabs on my spending :0)

Will be great to meet up with some of the forum guys and also meet the Boss - Adam in person.

Maybe she is fishing around for some ideas on your next birthday present! Be sure to drop lots of hints if she comes along.

Brendan
03-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Dunno AJ - she might be angling for a guitar for herself - seven stringed maybe???

kells80aus
05-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Well, I can now say what he bought her, a new set of strings. :D

PK

kells80aus
05-03-2015, 04:34 PM
I got to try out a couple of acoustics. should have asked em to power up an amp.
Tried a Cole-Clarke($2490) and a Maton(didn't look at the price)

I measured them against the only thing I know. My Epi. The Cole Clark just shaded it, but the Maton was barely better than my lefty Cort.

I also spent some money and bought myself a Marshall Box,

Oh sorry not an amp, a fuzz box, a Bluesbreaker 11. :D

PK

Brendan
05-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Sounds like a good night.

stan
06-03-2015, 05:57 AM
glad it was a good night, sorry I couldn't get there, hopefully there will be another not too far away...

Thanks for the shirt PK and Adz!!!

ScoopD
06-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Nice to put faces to the names of a couple of the guys. Thanks for the shirt Adam.

wokkaboy
06-03-2015, 08:55 AM
sounds like a good night fellas, glad you could meet Ads and other forum members and catch up. So you guys got the black PBG (red font) shirts ?
I always try wear mine in the workshop and especially in photos haha

got about 6 stashed away - the early PBG kits you used to get a shirt with every kit !

Fretworn
06-03-2015, 09:09 AM
got about 6 stashed away - the early PBG kits you used to get a shirt with every kit !

And you've only got 6? I thought you might have had 20 ;)

wokkaboy
06-03-2015, 09:20 AM
haha Fretty I've given quite a few shirts away and about a year after I started buying PBG kits they stopped putting free shirts in kits. No idea the total number but I must have built close to 40 PBG kits