PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Izmir, Turkey

Singulum
13-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone, greetings from Izmir, Republic of Turkiye. Due to lack of time I'm an amateur level guitar player. Thanks to Pit Bull Guitars, I think I'll try to give some more time for practicing guitar while building one ( I have an old electric guitar but these will be my first ones to build my own ) . My ST-1M kits have just arrived today. I'm so excited about working on them. I am planning to keep a build-diary and take some photos of each stage ( I just had a look at the community forum last night and I think it's better to take the advices of experienced people here )

See you, best wishes...

Ercument Vanioglu, D.D.S.
Izmir, TURKEY

dave.king1
13-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Welcome Singulum,

There is a wealth of knowledge here and sadly I am not one of the clever ones, they will all say go for it, make your mistakes and learn from them and whatever the finished product is it will almost certainly be better than what your self critical eyes say

pablopepper
13-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Welcome Izmir. :)

adam
13-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Hello again Singulum, so glad you finally received your kits... I was starting to get worried.

Turns out delivery to Turkey can take up to 3 weeks.

Singulum
13-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Yes I guess the delivery is taking about 22 days. The only problem was I couldn't track the delivery on its way. The funny thing is the parcel is delivered but there's still no information on the websites of Australian Post and Turkish Post. But they are here so it is okay. I really appreciate your interest and concern about the delivery. Thanks a lot. I hope to be keeping and updating the building stage here.

Singulum
13-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Thank you and hi again dave.king1 and pablopepper.

dingobass
13-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Welcome Singulum!

You must be our first Pit Bull member from Turkey :)

Hope you enjoy your build and please ask questions if you need help, we have a lot of people here that are happy to share their knowledge... (Must be close to one thousand years worth of combined experience on this forum)...

vh2580
13-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Welcome Singulum. Look forward to seeing the progress of your builds.

Singulum
13-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks a lot dingobass and vh2580. That very nice of you. I am beginning to feel more safe and confident.

gavinturner
14-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Welcome Singulum! Good luck with the builds. I'm looking forward to reading all about them.

cheers,
Gav.

stan
14-02-2015, 04:35 AM
Welcome Singulum, great to have a Turkish friend here. Good luck with your builds, and enjoy

wokkaboy
14-02-2015, 11:53 AM
welcome Singulum, you are definitely the first builder from Turkey !
Good luck with the kit, the ST-1M is a good one to start with.
Start a build diary and ask lots of questions. I've built about 15 of the ST type kits so I can help with any questions you have.
This is an addictive hobby !
What stain/paint plans have you got ?
Start with a mock build and make sure all the parts are there.Then start sanding !

kells80aus
14-02-2015, 12:35 PM
welcome, Singulum(Ercument) I'm looking forward to watching you get your teeth into this build. :D
The Strat is a nice build and pretty easy to do.
Picking a headstock style is about as tough as it gets.
I used a 60's style on the one's I built.
If you search the internet there are plenty of places with technical drawings of Fender Strat headstocks.

D.D.S. is that Doctorate or Diploma of Dentistry(class of 2004/5) Just for those that didn't notice

Cheers and enjoy the build and the comraderie of this forum.

PK
Melbourne Australia
Good at everything, Master of nothing.

Singulum
14-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Hi again and thank for the warm welcomes gavinturner, stan, wokkaboy, kells80aus.

I've got no plans at all, just thoughts about them. I'm going to read here first then do the action later. So yesterday I gave a look about 3 or 4 hours to the forum and took lots of notes.

About the headstocks , I want to shape one of them as 60's Fender Stratocaster ® and the other one as my own design.

I've opened the parcels yesterday night and checked the parts by a mock-up build. But it was just a quick glance. I don't think I've enough knowledge to start the project so I must read more first :)

I'll start a diary when I begin and of course the reading phases will be included.

There's a story that Adam knows about these kits, a sad one. But it is not time yet to tell. It will be in the diary or at the finish, I don't know.

It feels good to be here.

Cheers,

Ercument

robin
14-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi and welcome to the Forums Ercument.

Everyone of us here knows how you are feeling right now. We were all novices until we built our first guitar. The main thing is to enjoy the build. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, we all did when we started out.

All the best with the builds,
rob

adam
14-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Hi Singulum, the story you told me about the kits was very tragic and I feel so saddened for your loss.

Please know that you are amongst friends here, with a common interest in building great guitars.

When you are ready to share your story, I am sure you will find nothing but support and encouragement from your new friends here.

Singulum
14-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks robin, be sure that I'll be asking questions once I begin.

Thanks for the support adam.